TMI going a lot to the bath room to do number 2 ?

Options
Hello MFP, this is a TMI question but I need to know because I am hoping it is a positive thing. But wanted/needed to know if going to the bathroom a lot to do the number two is a sign that I am doing the right things. By eating more Veggies and fruit and baked lean meats. Also drink my 8 glasses or more of water and getting 30 minutes in of a workout everyday. That it means all the fat or bad things in the food I am eating are coming out instead of staying in and gaining what but I am lossing? Hope I do not make any one made but I just wanted to be sure I am on the right track Thanks.:smile::smile:

Replies

• john2955
    Options
    Have you noticed a weight difference?
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    It depends. But for me, when I started eating a more well-balanced diet my bathroom habits became more regular.
  • mchall03
    mchall03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Adding more veggies to your diet (along with any high-fiber foods, i.e., if you've been eating more whole-grains and beans) often will make you go to the bathroom more. Particularly if you've drastically changed the composition of you diet relatively quickly. Doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad thing, your body is adjusting to your new eating habits. Regular exercise can also make you more "regular" with bowel movements. So these could be contributing factors.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I agree with mchall03 - your body is adjusting and this is a good thing. And no it's not fat coming out, at least not if you have a healthy digestive system. Some people have a health condition where they literally poo out fat but you'd know if that was the case because ... welll.. you'd just know, I'll leave it at that.
  • KellieNause
    Options
    I wondered the same thing. I had been putting in 30-45 minutes on the elliptical 3-5 days a week, and it seemed like I was constantly going to the bathroom! Like you I'd changed my eating habits, but I'd also begun taking a multi-vitamin. I don't think it's anything to worry about. I've read that exercise is a good way to get your bowels moving if you've been sedentary and constipated. :)
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I've wondered this too. Cuz before it was like once a day and now its three! And I have a hard time keeping weight on. No don't say I'm lucky. It sucks azz.
  • flyer7871
    Options
    It`s a good thing. Some people go days without a bowel movement. If I don`t go at least three times a day. I feel like something is wrong. Eating veggies is also a good way to stay regular
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't see an issue with going multiple times a day/every day/once every 3 days..w/e it is that you do unless you notice other side effects that don't seem normal like really loose stool, losing weight rapidly, blood in the stool, or pain when going.

If you do happen to notice something seems off, then go seek some medical attention.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a healthy colon so long as there is no bleeding or straining issues....

With a healthy adaptation of eating habits, this will happen...... just make sure to stay on program, well hydrated and you will be fine!!!!