Negative Feedback?!?

Options
So I have come across a lot of positive friends on here who support me and encourage me to do the right thing! I am thankful for those friends.

On another note,MFP has some negative people on here as well. I thought we were all here to support one another and leave positive feedback not NEGATIVE! It's alright to point some stuff out to people to try to help them out,but not be rude about it.

I promise some people on here about to make my ghetto side come out and I'm gonna start being rude back! I'm a nice person and it takes a lot to piss me off,but when some people come at me with that negative stuff you all need to take a look at yourself cause no one is perfect and we are all on this site for a reason to loose weight.

Has anyone else experienced some negative feedback?

Replies

• Pinnagerjaggin
    Options
    Not personally but I've seen it.
  • 2_Up
    2_Up Posts: 50
    Options
    Sometimes Negative feedback can also be called the truth and sometimes it's what people need to help them towards their goals. Being a total jerk without a valid point is a different story though :P
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I am so sorry you are getting negative feedback. I have never had any nor would I ever give some. I have had someone tell me to watch my sugar intake after viewing my diary. But they were right. So, I didnt feel it was negative. Wishing you all the success possible and that you deserve.:flowerforyou:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Put yourself on a public forum and one should expect the possibility of some negative comments. How you react to it is what makes the diff
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    yes but i dont care
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    If I don't like the way someone is treating me, I just ignore them. It's even easier online than in real life!
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    I am so sorry you are getting negative feedback. I have never had any nor would I ever give some. I have had someone tell me to watch my sugar intake after viewing my diary. But they were right. So, I didnt feel it was negative. Wishing you all the success possible and that you deserve.:flowerforyou:

Oh see that would be different if someone was to try helping me as far as sugar,but when there being an *kitten* about things then it's different.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    OHHHH yeah... Ive received it.... It isnt fun - especially when you are brand new, still trying to learn the site itself....

I do my best not to stoop to their same level of existence.
    The energy in telling them off, or even to send them the link of proof that I have in a case Im reply with, just adds more wood to the fire....

If it gets really bad, I report it... NO ONE should be putting up with the numbnuts starting problems for them.

Its supposed to be a great site that helps us out.

My doctor recommended this site and let me tell you - I dont need the a-holes on here.... I have one, but I dont use it if you know what I mean! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Its one thing to be negative in a response, but in a more constructive, non-wrenching manner.... its when their two-cents becomes nasty and rude... definitely not necessary...
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Put yourself on a public forum and one should expect the possibility of some negative comments. How you react to it is what makes the diff

This ^ ^ ^
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Idk....I think truly *negative* feedback is uncalled for. Unless you're the type of person who gets motivated by someone telling you that you suck. I even get pissed when people write negative things on my food diary!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options

This ^ ^ ^

Yes this^^^^ so many times MFP pals ask you to call them out when they are not working hard enough or make bad food choices but when you do they get butt hurt. I have decided it isn't worth calling them out, they already know what they have done!
  • JYPERK
    JYPERK Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I WONDER IF "NEGATIVE" IS BETTER THAN BEING "IGNORED" ? I JOINED MONDAY AND I ONLY HAD ONE FRIEND REQUEST-PLUS MY NEIGHBOR WHO INTRODUCED ME TO THE SITE. SO- IF SOMEONE IS RUDE OR NEGATIVE- JUST BE YOURSELF. DONT LET THE GHETTO COME OUT. ARE THE COMMENTS NEGATIVE OR IS SOMEONE TRYING TO BE HELPFUL??? YOU- STAY POSITIVE!!! BE HAPPY.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I've seen it! It's ridiculous! :noway:

I only give positive feed back and sometimes a little opinion about what they could change. But I always mention that it's just an opinion and I mean ONLY good. SOME people don't know how to communicate to people with already low self esteem.
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    yes, just before , I asked for advice about working overnight at Mcdonalds, about when to sleep and taking meals to work etc. I got from someone "working at Mcdonalds for someone trying to lose weight is like an alcoholic working at a bar" I asked for advice to make the best of my situation, because I am a student and I need some extra money so I didn't exactly have many options, so I didn't get any advice, just negative feedback.
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    yes, just before , I asked for advice about working overnight at Mcdonalds, about when to sleep and taking meals to work etc. I got from someone "working at Mcdonalds for someone trying to lose weight is like an alcoholic working at a bar" I asked for advice to make the best of my situation, because I am a student and I need some extra money so I didn't exactly have many options, so I didn't get any advice, just negative feedback.

Stuff like this pisses me off! That was rude of someone to say. Just cause your work there doesn't mean you can't loose weight. It's alright to help someone as far as there diary,but stuff like this is what I'm talking about.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

I replied to that post with some suggestions.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    The moment the internet was created, the trolls began to slowly leave their bridges... They are every where now... Don't let it get to you. When people troll or are being a pr*** it usually means they are compensating for something like a small.... brain .... So don't let it get you down, because thats what they try to do, bring you DOWN to their level to make themselves feel less trollish.
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love to say none of my friends have ever given me negitive (unconstructive) feedback. (Love my friends)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I love to say none of my friends have ever given me negitive (unconstructive) feedback. (Love my friends)

This