Any Coffee ideas?

Options
I love coffee. I love flavored creamers! But since being on my lifestyle change it has become boring and not that tasty.
I bought the sugar-free vanilla but that is the only flavor they had. Any ideas for making yummy coffee?

Replies

• dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump wanting the same ideas
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i suppose you're not going to be adding booze to your coffee, so that idea is out

but to make really good coffee

1) grind your own beans
    2) use a french press
    3) profit
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i can't give up coffee or my creamers either. i CAN'T STAND the sugar free stuff, so i just make sure i don't go over 2 tablespoons of the fat free french vanilla or hazelnut coffee-mate, so it's only 50 calories per coffee. i HAVE cut down my coffee A LOT, so i'm down to 1 or 2 a day, which isn't that bad. i can spare 100 calories for coffee a day :bigsmile:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I like my New England Coffee Hazelnut Creme flavored coffee... I use Hood's Country Creamer because it has no lactose or cholesterol - that's it. I dont like sweetners-period in my coffee. I think you will find all those flavored creamers have so much chemical in them its creepy!
  • Legalchica
    Options
    I love coffee. I love flavored creamers! But since being on my lifestyle change it has become boring and not that tasty.
    I bought the sugar-free vanilla but that is the only flavor they had. Any ideas for making yummy coffee?

I have found a coconut milk that is awsome!! also you can get the sugar free syrups in the coffee isle, i have seen vanilla, carmel and hazel nut in in sugar free varieties :)
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I still use the creamer. It's only 70 calories for my morning coffee. I will not give it up, I don't think I would be able to function. The fat free ones aren't bad, but your not saving anything on calories. Do what you want. Do deprive yourself of anything. Just have control over the amount.
  • denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    use protein powders...they mix well for a hot mocha or cold latte! i love my decaf hot chocolate protein mocha! why would i give that up, i get fluids, protein and chocolate coffee!
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i suppose you're not going to be adding booze to your coffee, so that idea is out

but to make really good coffee

1) grind your own beans
    2) use a french press
    3) profit
    This so much :D
    I drink mine black and it tastes great
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    I always take mine black but once in a while, hubby and I like coffee with "froo-froo" stuff in it. I use non-dairy fat free creamer and add Sugar Free Torani Flavoring Syrup. $4.00 for 12 oz bottle at Walmart but I got them on sale for a buck each.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate almond milk.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I always take mine black but once in a while, hubby and I like coffee with "froo-froo" stuff in it. I use non-dairy fat free creamer and add Sugar Free Torani Flavoring Syrup. $4.00 for 12 oz bottle at Walmart but I got them on sale for a buck each.

ROFLMAO@ Froo froo!

LOL Love it!
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    When I'm on primal or low carb, I indulge in fresh, raw heavy cream in my one daily cup of Gevalia. When the cow's not in milk, I treat myself to Hills Bros double mocha or french vanilla in the sugar free. That's my afternoon snack in cool weather. :) But real cream is really the healthiest way you can go, as long as you're not a "chain-drinker" or lactose intolerant (though the cream rarely bothers even lactose intolerant people. ):)
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Froofroo is what my hubby calls the hills bros! lol
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    prior to my both my calorie budget and my money budget i was a self admitted starbucks snob...however since those are now only very rare treats for me, i add nestle sugar free hot chocolate mix into my coffee, i actually only use 1/3 of the packet so 1 packet makes me three cups of coffee (using more than that it tastes more like hot chocolate less like coffee and i cant have that) anyway, its only like 17 calories for my cup. again being a starbucks snob didnt think i could do it but i now love it and look forward to it each morning.
  • smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Liquid Stevia! It comes in a ton of flavors (currently I have vanilla cream & english toffee). I also put regular old half & half in my coffee (2T is 40 calories & 3g fat). I even take the liquid stevia with me when I go to Starbucks so I can order a coffee with skim milk & then add the stevia so it tastes like I'm drinking one of the expensive froo froo coffees!
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I <33 black coffee! Maybe you could try flavor shots from coffee places instead of the creamer. I'm not sure what the calorie count or sugar count is in those though.
  • Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Now that it's fall I'm adding pumpkin spice to everything including my coffee! Cinnamon is also a great no calorie flavoring.

Flavored soy milk (though not as creamy obviously) might be an option as well. The Blue Diamond Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla soy milk is only 40 calories per cup!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    My standard is to add 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 tsp turbinado sugar, and a few drops of almond or vanilla extract. Sometimes I'll add a bit of ground cinnamon or nutmeg. On the weekends I'll use 2 Tbsp of half and half instead of the skim milk. Either way it's right around 50 calories for my 16 oz coffee.

If you live near an IKEA they sell the Swedish vanilla sugar. It's kind of like powdered sugar with an intense vanilla flavor. Seriously, 1/8 tsp in my 16oz coffee gives it a nice vanilla flavor.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Another thing you might want to try is adding cinnamon or a spice mix, like Pumpkin Pie Spice, to your grounds before you brew. Tastes wonderful, especially as the weather's turning colder.