candy binge

Options
I made a big mess up today. After a health lunch, I really had a craving for some chocolate. I realized that I could budget a 250 cal twix bar into my diet, so I got one from the vending machine. I felt okay about it.

Moments, maybe even milliseconds, after I threw the wrapper in the trash, my boss sent out an email that he had bought the office candy and that is was outside my office.

Immediately, I felt pretty sucky about the twix, but that was already in my body.

Two hours later I sit here in my office, feeling pretty guilty...because I have eaten 1495 calories worth of candy today. I wasn't going to count. But I did, I took all the wrappers out of the trash and sorted them and counted. This was hard to do, forcing myself to be accountable.

I think I am feeling most frustrated that I could not control myself. I really couldn't. Obviously, I ate like 20 mini candy bars + 1 whole candy bar. I know that this can be an isolated incident, and that it simply means I am 1495 calories further away from my goal. But still, how crappy of me to do to me.

I will say, I rarely have candy. I usually budget a mini serving of semi-sweet chocolate chips (70 cals) in every day to get my chocolate fix, but that's it. Once in a while I want to have candy or a cookie, just like most people. But 1495 calories worth in 2 hours?! My daily goal is 1600 for all calories.

I am mad that these were totally empty calories. I am also concerned that, even as I write this, I want more. BLARG!

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Small adjustments...you will get there... you ate the candy..you went over your calories..now just move on. I think you may have to budget your chocolate chips throughout the day..and maybe work out a bit more..so you can eath the chips during your snack time..that may help...

But what done is done..no guilt..move on..
  • pegesam
    pegesam Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's OK. Just move forward.
    I too have a hard time with chocolate-- I found Extra gum -- Chocolate chip mint. 5 calories a stick and the flavor lasts long enough for me to get the fix in... The other thing that has worked for me-- I've changed my love for chocolate to all things sour. My favorites are sour patch kids (thanks to my son).
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    hey, at least you logged it. i dont know if i would of. try not to worry too much, Tomorrow is another day
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ok - you have found the enemy & it is CANDY...Trigger foods are to be avoided.
    Now, honey, just get back on track & leave the guilt behind (it weighs more that 1495 calories)

Have a better tomorrow :>)
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Dont' stress over it for today. It is already done. Workout hard tonight and drink a lot of water to flush it out of your system. Start fresh tomorrow.

You've got this!

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Dont' stress over it for today. It is already done. Workout hard tonight and drink a lot of water to flush it out of your system. Start fresh tomorrow.

You've got this!

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Breath!!! Okay...this is a learning lesson! Now, you either 1. need to do some masstive workout to negate all those candy calories or most of them or 2. be over a whole lot for today. Either way you have to move on. You ate it, thankfully owned it by logging it. That is a step in the right direction.

Since tomorrow is a new day, and there is no candy police, you are not going to jepordize your lifestlye change. So now its time to pull up your big girl/boy underpants and go on with your day.

As of tomorrow, the candy no longer exists near your office!! *wink*
  • koeppen26
    koeppen26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Candy can be so tempting. I am trying not to buy it so I don't have to think about not eating it all day when I am at home. You were accountable. I say, eat a healthy dinner, try to fit in some excercise tonight, and move on from the incident. Perhaps more healthy snacks in the drawer or something more healthy with a note of sweet in it will help when another one of those e-mails comes along over the next few months of treats and holidays! Good luck!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    It's OK. Just move forward.
    I too have a hard time with chocolate-- I found Extra gum -- Chocolate chip mint. 5 calories a stick and the flavor lasts long enough for me to get the fix in... The other thing that has worked for me-- I've changed my love for chocolate to all things sour. My favorites are sour patch kids (thanks to my son).
    they also make sour patch watermelons.....i could live off of those things alone for the rest of my life and be happy...lol
  • lalinzki
    lalinzki Posts: 121
    Options
    I know how you feeling, now with all the candy from Halloween and I have 4 kids and a new born its going to be one of those fighting candy wars me vs the Halloween candy!..Don't worry just keep on doing your best and to avoid them if possible :)
  • melissalan
    melissalan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am about 15 feet from my co-workers candy jar, which was just filled with chocolate Halloween candy this week. Good chocolate- Almond Joy, Reeses Cups, Twix, Mounds, etc.
    I can barely stand looking at that jar.
    I want to smash it on the floor actually.

I feel your pain.
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad! Those MINIs. They drive me CRAZY. They are NOT MINI, they are pure EVIL. And of course, at my office the chocolate is kept in a basket on MY DESK. Thank God the people I work with are stress-eating lawyers, so the good stuff is usually gone pretty quickly and then it's just a basket of milk chocolate hershey kisses which is no big deal for me to resist because those are boring. But TWIX. Girl, you are allowed to slip up every once in a while. And the fact that your slip up started with a Twix shows you have good taste. So forgive yourself and go for a walk and be happy!!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    You know what? It's in the past! I have done this plenty of times...not this exactly, but a random binge. Just get back on track tomorrow! :) One day won't screw it all up! And kudos to you for logging!
    03258 Posts: 60
    Options
    Don't take this wrong but I am SOOOOO happy that I am not the only one who binges on chocolate!!!! Sorry that this happened to you and you feel crappy...BUT....I am so right there with you. And, I too always want MORE afterwards. I figure, I've aready blown it so why not continue eating everything else that I have been denying myself. Then I feel ILL. And mad. Don't have a great answer for you - except....it's a long road and we are all on it!!! It will have ups and downs and turns and twists. But - we are all on the road. Keep a stiff upper lip. No biggy. Just one day. You can do this. So proud that you logged it. That is HUGE. Great job :-)
  • rubystar07
    rubystar07 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for your support! I do need to forgive myself and move on and make tomorrow better. Rigid never worked for me. But with that December goal creeping up.... :O

I think posting this story publically was a really important step for me. I think it was important to admit it, count it, and not feel ashamed about it. Being publically honest is really important to me, as I've always been a "closet eater". I think I am most mad about treating my body this way, and that is the lesson I want to take away from today.