Best Breakfast to keep you full-er?

Options
2»

Replies

• jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    You never said healthy, but I don't know what kid of diet you're going for either.

Whenever I didn't feel like or want to think about eating for a while I either did a banana and peanut butter or cheese and peanut butter sandwich. Saves time going in and filling you up, saves time coming out because of how long it takes to digest it. You may not see a bathroom for a few days! :-D
  • neuroticlin89
    neuroticlin89 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    These all sound really good...Thanks for your input! I'm gonna try and figure out a way to boil eggs--we don't have a stove or anything in my dorm and we're not allowed one, either...But I'll figure something out!

maybe you can buy one of those electronic water boilers? it looks like a water jug but it boils the water for you. my friend doesn't have a stove or microwave in her dorm too. that's how she would cook noodles, boil the water and then pour it into a bowl of noodles until the noodles softened. i'm sure you could boil eggs w/ it too
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Invest in a crockpot or other slowcooker. Add one whole chicken or grass fed beef roast or other protein/fat and a box/bag of frozen/fresh cut veggies before going to bed. For breakfast, eat as much as you can chew before running out the door. Add a spoon of coconut oil for sustained high energy till dinner. Drink coffee/tea with heavy cream instead of half and half, this too sustains energy. Do not eat grains, they increase cravings and my friends and I have experienced making better grades and greater speed and accuracy on math/engineering/medical challenges when we avoid grains and eat healthy meats, fats and veggies. YMMV
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I microwave my eggs white and add 1-2 whole egg with cheese.

Peanut butter and bananas are very filling.

Pretty much anything with protein actually.

I'll second this. Either I get protein in my breakfast, or I'm hungry again ten minutes later. If I'm going to be hungry again, I may as well have skipped it all together.

Lately, I'll boil a bunch of eggs on Sunday night, and then put them in the fridge. During the week all I have to do is peel and eat them.

You could also go the peanut butter sandwich route. That's an easy breakfast. I like to toast the bread so it's warm.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    These all sound really good...Thanks for your input! I'm gonna try and figure out a way to boil eggs--we don't have a stove or anything in my dorm and we're not allowed one, either...But I'll figure something out!

This is what I use . . . https://www.buyegggenie.com/ It takes about 20 minutes and they come out perfect. I got mine at Walgreens or they sell them at Walmart. They are in the "as seen on tv" section.
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I have a fiber 1 chocolate and oats granola bar (140 cals w/ tons of Fiber to keep you full!). I also have a giant coffee w/ a splash of skim milk and splenda. Perfect combo -- super fast and easy on the go and very filling. I'd keep an apple or carrots w/ laughing cow cheese with you too. Super filling but low calorie snacks for in between meals! Good luck and way to go w/ engineering
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Just an idea.............since you can't have a stove in the dorm, check out your local grocery stores salad bar. They almost always have boiled eggs....