Getting hungry sooner between meals

Options
I am starting to get hungry between meals more now that ever before. I will eat breakfast at 7am, then around 9-10 my stomach is growling, so I eat one of my snacks. At noon I have lunch, around 130-230 again, my stomach is growling, so I have another snack. Then usually by the time I leave work at 430, once again, my stomach is growling. I don't know why this is happening, but it has been for the past few months. I don't know if my metabolism is speeding up and that is causing it... don't even know if that is possible. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Also, I try to eat high protein snacks/meals... that is supposed to keep me full, right?

Thanks for all the help! :)

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    If you're on a 1200 calorie "diet" right now, it's probably time to increase that a bit. You will still lose weight as long as you have a calorie deficit. Sounds like your body is telling you to feed it!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    bump!!! and congrats on your loss! AMAZING! <3
  • RONI11
    RONI11 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The same thing has been happening to me! Hopefully someone answers lol.
    CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss ... you are doing such a great job! :)
  • tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! i always have a snack though between 9-10...and then again around 2-3...but then come 4 and i'm hungry AGAIN and i really dont want to eat until about 6 because i'm trying not to eat past 8pm....its so frustrating!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Fiber will help you feel fuller.
  • Melanie12081
    Options
    The same thing started happening to me when I added a 30 minute walk to my afternoon. I assume my body is saying I need more calories, but that definitely defeats the purpose! Good luck with an answer...I'll be interested to hear.
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Those are about the same times that I eat. It is good to eat frequently throughout the day.
    And it personally makes me feel like I am not restricting myself, so I stay in my calorie goals.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nutrient_calculator.htm

Check your protein levels...you might not be getting enough..body is hungry..I use a 40-30-30 myself..and I eat 5-6 meals a day..add me if you like and you can view my food diary..
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    I find if I eat a couple of eggs or a high fiber cereal for breakfast, I usually make it no problem to lunch. If I break down and grab a pastry or breakfast sandwich (the old me!) I would get hungry early too.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Are you eating more regularly than you did before? Your body tends to get used to meal times pretty quick and you start feeling hungry just before them.
  • snuffmomma77
    snuffmomma77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me if your eating clean healthy food you will be hungry all the time.. and its true for me, so I eat more protien, chicken, fish, shrimp, or
    anything lean protien.. and yes your metabolism is kicking in if your exercising more and just eating right.. My trainer also told me the more you eat the more you loose.. espically if your doing it right, so far for me it is working.. hope i helped..
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Have been experiencing the exact same thing the last few days! >.>
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Thats supposed to take the edge off your appetite. WELL DONE on your loss so far .
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing the right thing. I also use small snacks (fruit mostly) in between every meal.
    Eat when you are hungry.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I agree with those who said you probably need to add more protein to your diet. A protein packed breakfast usually helps the hunger pangs stay at bay. Also, I can't see your diary but water could be the culprit too. When your body is thirsty, it shows the same signs as hunger. Often times when we "think" we're hungry, we're actually thirsty.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you either need to eat more or you need to reevaluate your protein and fiber amounts. Protein should be at least 25% and fiber at least 25g per day. Try to spread it out so you're not as hungry. Being hungry though isn't a bad thing but you should be eating no sooner than 2 hours after you last ate.
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think we are trying to store fat for winter. Many of my MFP friends have noticed the same thing since the weather is cooling off.:smile:
  • JenniferLgsdn
    Options
    I am eating 1430 calories a day... it started happening only in the last few months... I drink a ton of water! Sometimes I go over my protein, that is at 54. Usually for my snacks I eat greek yogurt or granola bars. I always eat the same thing every morning for breakfast, oatmeal. I don't have time to cook in the morning... so it is the easiest. I believe the protein in that is 6.