My Fit Foods Liver Cleanse

Options
lmr9
lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
My Fit Foods is a store (just in Texas, I think) that sells pre-packaged healthy meals. They also have this recipe for a liver cleanse that contains lemon juice, unsweetened cranberry juice, apple cider vinegar, and water. I have not tried it yet, but am considering it. Anyone out there tried it? What did you think about it?

Replies

• DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it and it may be harmless, but I doubt it really has any true benefit. In a healthy individual, your liver will cleanse itself.
  • Venessa165
    Venessa165 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Because I have fatty liver, I do liver cleanses quite often. They are healthy but not something to do longer than 1 week. If you follow the liver cleanse diet or the yeast free diet, you will see the weight fall off. You don't need a special store or item to do the diet, just buy quality ingredients with no sugar. It is pretty easy the first day but after that it gets very difficult and you will feel terrible because your body is trying to rid itself of the toxins. I don't recommend you starting it until you have several days off in a row when you will be able to rest and let your body do its job. Keep me posted.:smile:
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
  • Rajrand
    Rajrand Posts: 13
    Options
    detoxifying liver is always a good idea maybe once a year if not often. The recipe has been used for liver cleanse programs but just if you really need to clean the liver then you will need to go do a complete cleanse eating liver favoring foods for few weeks. Only drinking this juice is always good but not sure if liver cleanse is real goal just doing this will help at all
  • neon0107
    Options
    I go to My Fit Foods. Love the concept and the great food. Only get a couple of meals for those jam backed days. I did their liver cleanse about 2 months ago. I felt a difference after a few days and had more energy. Just follow their directions on their site. First two days were a little rough. Felt a little weird at first but after that I felt great. I could tell a real differnce and noticed it when using the restroom (to be polite). It was nothing you had to worry about being out and having to rush to the rest room if you know what I mean. It was just the smell of the urine for the first couple of days. My doctor said that is a sign that it is working and cleaning the liver. This was recommended to me by my personal trainer. A lot of his clients have done it and have loved it. I will prepare you though, the taste is very rough but after awhile you get use to it. I cut the water down a bit so I had a smaller drink. Did what they called the shot version.