Hello FitnessPals!

Options
I learned about this site from my cousin, she speaks very highly of you all and I figured it was worth the shot. Today is my first day on here and I spent most of it inputting my foods into my food tracker, taking my measurements and stepping on that dreaded scale.

There are many things in life that have prompted me to want to get back in shape but the most recent was stepping on the scale at the surgeons office, getting ready for my second round of injections for severe lower back pain. The scale read a very scary 146 pounds. 146 POUNDS?!?! Yup...those pictures weren't lying, warped or out of focus...I have put on 25 pounds in less than 5 years.

So naturally, after I recuperated from the recent injections I stripped down in the bathroom and took a good hard look at myself. My husband is always telling me how "hawt" I am and how he loves the way I look. 5 years ago I had no problem believing that but recently....I call bull...

So, the jig is up belly jiggle...I'm on the offensive and you are going down!

I look forward to interacting with everyone on here, having a support group will be a great motivational tool I'm sure!

Replies

• auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    U can do it. MFP is wonderful. People are great. I was paying for WW for 5 months till I found this site. Welcome!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome!! We have a great support system here, I'm sure you will love it. You might even drop fb, so many people have!! Go ahead and add me as a pal, and I promise to encourage you as much as I can. We are pretty close to the same weight, I started at 151 and my goal is 115 to 120. Good luck on your journey!!
  • Iratherbefit1
    Iratherbefit1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome , and get ready to meet and be expired by a lot of amazing people :)
  • Iratherbefit1
    Iratherbefit1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome , and get ready to meet and be expired by a lot of amazing people :)
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome and climb aboard....Sometimes it's a rough flight but we'll get ya there...Good Luck!!!!!!:wink:
  • slimmomma003
    Options
    Good luck and you can do it
    :tongue: