Question about logging.... just curious :)

Options
I was sitting here logging my food while I eat dinner and I was wondering how everyone else does it. Do you log while you eat? Before you eat? After you eat? Do you find it helpful to log all your meals for the day before the day starts? Just curious. :)

Replies

• kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    As I eat throughout the day :smile:
  • Christinajoey2000
    Options
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I normally plan my meals before I eat breakfast... and the snacks I log as I eat them.
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I normally log while i eat. I find that when i ATTEMPT to pre-plan and pre-log, something always goes awry :-)
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm eating my last little morsel of the day and then I'm going to log all of my food for tomorrow. If I need to make changes as the day goes on then I do, but logging the day before really helps me stay on track!
  • doroj
    doroj Posts: 1
    Options
    I log breakfast and lunch before I leave for work. Gives me the power to say no to "work snacks.". Log dinner right after dinner.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i know whatb im going to eat pretty much everyday. so i just log it the day before
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

Ditto, but I am NEVER far from a computer
  • timothyjkiser
    timothyjkiser Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Ditto :wink:
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I log when I come home from lunch (Breakfast, morning and snack) then log after I come home from work and dinner (afternoon snack, dinner, evening snack)
  • kklemencic
    Options
    I log my breakfast, lunch and beverages before I leave for work in the morning, this way I know how many calories I have left for the day. I log dinner either just before or while I eat and catch up my water count too. Enter my calories burned at the end of the day even though I work out in the very early morning.
  • Sandra4411
    Options
    I usually log my food whilst I am at work. I put in last night's dinner at the same time. I log my excercise at the same time :)
  • mushalek
    Options
    I log my whole day normally first thing in the morning besides my last snack, some times i wait untill after lunch to log my dinner but other than that i feel like it keeps me on track though out the day and i have guide lines to follow though so i dont think about over eating, but i feel like as long as your logging it works out any way so just keep doing what works for you!
  • Chelsea_Marinos
    Chelsea_Marinos Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I log the morning of and I log the whole day just to give me an idea sometimes I change things but I like to have a basic plan.. I dont have an i phone so I have to use my computer at home and it helps me stay with it at work.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've thought of trying to pre-log, but it just doesn't seem to work. lol That is unless I have an abundance of things that I would like to eat (like salads, fruit, chicken breast...ect.), but when the cupboards are bare, it doesn't work very well. lol When I say bare, I mean for things that I would not feel guilty eating. :)
  • rnlenore
    rnlenore Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I try to plan but it doesnt always work but I don't eat anything until I already logged it.
  • Eagles320
    Options
    I like to log Breakfast and Lunch after I eat but for dinner I put in before to see if I have extra for a snack or treat.
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I usually log in the afternoon so that I can plan my dinner and then log dinner beforehand so I know what snacks I need to add or can add. Final log is at the end of the day.
  • kimberly130
    Options
    Right after i eat, unless i dont know the calories or am going out for a meal. I will check it first than plan accordingly!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm eating my last little morsel of the day and then I'm going to log all of my food for tomorrow. If I need to make changes as the day goes on then I do, but logging the day before really helps me stay on track!

I do it like this. Tihngs often change through the day but that's fne, I add and subtract as I need to. I find that if I log as the day goes by, its harder to get the right amount of snacks ro balance out my meals and exercise.