October Challenge and Support Group

Options

Replies

• Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    WEEK 1 CHALLENGE!!!

We are getting a late start - completely my fault I was out of town for the weekend! This friday is the first weigh in day (if you only weigh in a certain days just remind me!). This week's challenge is to create a plan for the month... Some people already have plans and that's great! If not think about what you have been doing ... what has worked and what hasn't and create a basic outline of what you want to do this month.... If you haven't been exercising at all be sure to start trying to work something in even if it is only walking for a few minutes at a time. Post your plan so others can get ideas for things to include in their plan. As for nutrition... I'm going to start with what has turned out to be the hardest thing for people (including myself) to do.... DRINK 8 glasses of water for the remaining days this week!

MY PLAN
    I was working out regularly and I have slacked off and haven't worked out for the past week and I am feeling it. I've been tired so It's time to get moving again. I love my zumba so I need to get back to it! Also the weather has begun to turn so I think I'm going to start taking some walks with my dogs - they will love it!! I also need to start cooking again... I have stopped cooking (mostly because I'm tired - probably due to lack of exercise lol) so I need to plan some meals this weekend and hit the grocery store and ignore the lean cuisines :)
  • mystamina
    Options
    I'm still interrested. I didn't see my name on the list. My starting weight is 189.
    My goals for this month:
    Walk my "hyper" dog everyday for 30 min.
    Go to the YMCA three times a week and do 45 min. of aerobic activity in the "zone" while I am there. Weight train three times a week at the Y.
    Limit myself to one glass of juice a day - so I will be drinking more water!
    Limit myself to 100 calories or less for dessert. No more 300 calorie ice cream drum sticks.
    journal everyday on mfp to keep myself honest. :happy:
  • TheGoalDigger
    TheGoalDigger Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My plan is to do 100 jumping jacks & strength training (squats,crunches,side reaches, modified push-ups) 3x a week
    Drink 8 glass of water
    & Try not go over my 1200 limit
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    have you found your 20 yet? i'd like to join...but do i have to do 30 ds or can i do one of her other dvds?
  • LittleFootLT11
    Options
    My goals for the month:

**Measure EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth. No "a few chips here" and "a bite of that there." If I chew it, it gets recorded

**Do some form of cardio every single day. If it's nice out, get the butt up and run! If it's crappy, I have the new Zumba videos which I have yet to touch, the library 50 yards away has many workout DVDs and Netflix has great ones too

**Do some sort of weight training 3 times a week. DVDs, just some free weights on my own, push ups, sit ups, anything muscle-building!

**No eating after 7:00. I always have a wonderful day of food logging and end up within my calories... and then around 8 or 9 I go ahead and binge on something! Gah! No more!

Oh and if these goals are met then there will be weekly "prizes"

If all met on the 14th: New food scale
    If all met on the 21st: New scale
    If all met by Halloween: New winter boots

Here we go!
  • kelleman1
    kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I had a bad week last week food-wise, ugh, and gained a few pounds from where I was. I hate that.

My goal for October:

-Work out at least 6 days a week, if not 7.

-Elliptical, walking, running/walking combo... I don't want to get bored, I have to switch it up!

-Stay at or under my calorie goal

-Lose at least 5 lbs! When I make it to 175, I'm getting my 'skinnier' clothes down from the attic! I can't wait, I have NO clothes to wear! I wore them at 180, but I want to make sure some of them will fit, so I gave myself 5 more lbs :)

-I would love to lose 10 lbs and see 170 lbs, but we'll see! I'll be happy with 5!
  • Evenbetter
    Evenbetter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    HI, I would love to be part of the October Challenge. I just got started up again with MFP and need support. My starting weight was 138.4. If it's not to late to add me, please do! I need the support and love to support others by being accountable to each other. Good luck regardless!!
    Evenbettter
  • jvdw88
    jvdw88 Posts: 8
    Options
    Let me know if you have any more room! I'd LOVE to join this for the month of October! Thanks so much! :)
  • n3wlif3styl3
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    my goals for this month:
    -run at least for 15 minutes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Sundays
    -do some type of strength training (30ds, weights, I don't know) at least once a week
    -avoid fast food, soda, candy
    -stay under my food limits on MFP
    -stop eating when bored/stressed
    -drink at least 8 glasses of water a day

let's do this!!!!!
  • ready4achange1
    Options
    This is what I need SUPPORT! Is there any room left?
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    Thanks so much for starting this Shalimarmandy!!! I'm super excited!!! I had unexpected surgery in August and it was a bump in the road, but now that I'm all healed & I'm reved up. No more excuses as to why I'm not exercising or why I'm deciding to eat that.

Plan for the month:

journal and come here to mfp when feeling weak
    make healthy food choices
    exercise 4-6x/wk...mtn. biking, hiking, elliptical, JM shred with wts (& other circuit training) may try couch to 5k in a few weeks

Love to see everyone's plans and I think they all look wonderful...wtg everyone!!! We can do this!!!

:flowerforyou:

Pam
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Did you get my starting weight?
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Have you found the 20 yet? If not I would love to join!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    I'm still interrested. I didn't see my name on the list. My starting weight is 189.
    My goals for this month:
    Walk my "hyper" dog everyday for 30 min.
    Go to the YMCA three times a week and do 45 min. of aerobic activity in the "zone" while I am there. Weight train three times a week at the Y.
    Limit myself to one glass of juice a day - so I will be drinking more water!
    Limit myself to 100 calories or less for dessert. No more 300 calorie ice cream drum sticks.
    journal everyday on mfp to keep myself honest. :happy:

I got you!! :) nice plan!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Did you get my starting weight?
    \
    Yep I've got it!!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    HI, I would love to be part of the October Challenge. I just got started up again with MFP and need support. My starting weight was 138.4. If it's not to late to add me, please do! I need the support and love to support others by being accountable to each other. Good luck regardless!!
    Evenbettter
    Got you - sent a friend request
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Have you found the 20 yet? If not I would love to join!

Looks like you will be the last one :) Send me your starting weight
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Ok here is the updated list
    wantnofat
    Littlefootlt11
    Evenbetter
    kwoodgate
    FWBP
    Straitfanatic
    Kerryc9
    Jaunelle
    BelindaBuzz
    aguilarrumiko
    Kelleman1
    prettyandslimming
    pjfmaui73
    mystamin
    bevsdietfor2011
    icandothistrish85
    Shalimarmandy
    Rocki21
    Kisnell1981
    Ken1994
    ready4achange1

Pending a starting weight
    flamegirl72
    jvdw88
    RebeccaLeinen
    mrmarler
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    If you want the Loss-Tober Fest banner here is the code

OctoberChal.jpg

Just copy it and paste it in your signature and change the IMG to lowercase img

Once I get the final 3 weights I'll start a new thread and officially close the group
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 180