having alot of hair loss lately... pls help

Options
so for about a month and a half i have been losing alot of hair. my ponytail is getting really thin. can you please tell me of a vitamen or regimen that will help with that? thanks

Replies

• natersmama
    Options
    a lot of time its protein. make sure that you're getting enough of it.
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    bump...I'd like to know too!
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Folic Acid helps. I'm taking this stuff called Diatomaceous earth and it's been helping with my hair. I've seen sprouts!
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have been losing more hair than usual too. My doc checked my Hemoglobin and Thyroid. Sometimes those can go wacky when you're losing weight. Mine were all fine. Curious if anyone else has some answers.
  • ptrain987
    Options
    go to your local drug store and get these vitamins...hair, skin and nails vitamins....that's exactly what they are called...i work for kmart pharmacy...alot of my customers (mainly elderly) use them for their nails, my sister used it for her skin...they're really good vitamins...haven't heard any complaint good luck
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    bump! mine comes out in hand fulls & brush fulls. i can have a handful by the time i wash it or brush it. Stress can do it & i have PCOS, which will also cause it!
  • adventuring
    Options
    Your hair naturally has times of the year that it sheds more. That's totally normal. Autumn is also that time for me.

Make sure there's enough good fats in your diet. Take a regular vitamin. That's all your hair needs. Losing a lot of hair in the fall is completely normal most of the time.

However, if you feel your hair is actually thinning and not just shedding, you absolutely should go to the doctor.
  • rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fat? Theres a lady at weight watchers that loss all of her hair because she didn't have any oils/fat in her body. maybe increase your omega-3 including fish, salmon, tuna, peanuts, canola oil, olive oil.
  • PaulaButHag
    Options
    Try Biotin.
    I know alot of multi-vitamans have it already in them, but boost with an extra.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    As a medical person, I'd say have your thyroid checked. On a personal level, if my B12 level gets low, my hair falls out. Don't ignore it. See your doctor & have some labs done.
  • courtneyt77
    courtneyt77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's usually protein related. Biotin may help as well.
  • kyliecakes0405
    kyliecakes0405 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Look for vitamin B12 and include eggs, meat, and poultry in your diet. Protein..protein...Protein!
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I agree with the two above posts, about fat. There are unhealthy fats (saturated and trans) that need to be reduced when trying to lose weight. But be sure you are getting enough mono and polyunsaturated fats. They are very good for your skin and keeping your hair healthy and shiny.

Good sources of healthy fat are:
    Avocado
    Nuts (any kind of unsalted nut, including peanut butter)
    Fish (salmon is the best)
    Healthy cooking oils (EVOO, canola or peanut oil)

You can also take Omega 3 suppliments, which help hair, heart, skin, and joint health
  • kyliecakes0405
    kyliecakes0405 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Agreed - my thyroid issue caused significant hair thinning. Definitely should get that checked out as it will also make dieting difficult.
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    i was just hoping it was shedding to grow new hair but im not sure and i stress very easily bc im an over thinker. i will defenently get to the dr soon becus i dont wanna go bald. i dont think its lack of protien becus thats the only thing i usually go over on everyday. need to get vitamens becus i dont take any. thanks for all the help ladies :)
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Get your thyroid checked out.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Well I think that people are missing a big question here. Before I ask, just know I am by no means accusing you of it, just the first question that came to mind. Are you bulimic or anorexic? Hair loss is a quite common side effect to those with a serious ED. If you do, that could be your answer and I obviously advise you to seek help. If not, there are a number of things it could be, and all of them you need to be checked by your doctor for as soon as you can. Good luck!
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    hell no im neither. i love food too much. lol
  • anquinette66
    Options
    KYLIECAKES0405 What have you been taking to thicking your hair, the picture looks as though you have a head full of healthy hair? I need to know like yesterday my thyroid been working overtime thinning my hair