5 weeks till the wedding day

Options
well where to start on my first message....

I have lost about 14kg or should I say 30 pounds in the last, i'll say, 6 months to a year. Well I have kind of been hovering around the 66-64 kg mark for a while now and would love to get at least down to 60kg for my wedding day which is in 5 weeks on Saturday.
For some reason I feel I've hit a wall with the losing bit. I exercise with a range of Jillian Michaels exercises 6 days a week. And I feel Fantastic, the scales just seem to not be moving.

Any advice or anything for that matter would be a great help!!

:)

Replies

• KitsuneSakakino
    Options
    I'd be nervous about losing too much this close to the big day, what if your dress is too big, eep!
  • kyliecakes0405
    kyliecakes0405 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Try switching up your workout routine. It sounds like your body is used to "Jillian Michaels" :happy: and now it time to use different muscles.

Congrats to you!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    are you loosing inches even if the scale is not moving? As long as I am getting smaller I am happier. What is your wedding day? Mine is Nov 6th of this year, also in about 5 weeks :)
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'd be nervous about losing too much this close to the big day, what if your dress is too big, eep!

I dont know how they do it where you live but here you get a dress fitting for any alterations about 2-3 weeks before the wedding. My dress fitting is in 12 days and about 3 weeks before the wedding so that is my deadline and after that it is just toning and maintenance until after the wedding then I will continue to work on my goals
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Honestly if I were you, I would switch to maintenance until after the wedding. I had lost 50 pounds when I got engaged, I had 15 to go to my goal. Over the course of the 9 months I was engaged, I was so stressed about losing that last 15, I ended up gaining 13! I had to have my dress let out because it was too tight, and while I know 13 pounds doesn't make THAT much of a difference, I am sad looking at some of my pictures, thinking I looked fat and could have looked better had I left well enough alone.

The last few weeks before a wedding can be majorly stressful, you don't need more stress of trying to lose those last few pounds. Switch to maintenance, you'll still look great, but you'll be less stressed and won't risk gaining. Good luck and congrats!
  • bridgettegarzonie
    bridgettegarzonie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My weight isn't dropping either, however I don't get on the scale very often, so it may have changed from the last time. (I HOPE SO!) I'm also trying to get fit for my wedding which is in about 6 weeks on 11/11/11. :-)

I've been trying to do a variety of things. Though it doesnt look like it on my exercise diary. But my circut training is a boot camp led by a trainer so we have different things to do every night and I feel like my body is responding. For example, my first mile run at boot camp (only 2 weeks ago today) was at 14min since I couldn't run the whole thing but today when I ran the mile I first jogged the whole thing and made it in at 9min 47sec.!

So the weight not be dropping but I am getter fitter and exchanging some fat for muscle, which also is why the weight won't change. : )

Good luck! Friend me if you want some support before the big day!