are you a slow or fast eater?????????

Options
HI ALL :D

I was just wondering what kind of eater you are...

Are you the fast eater who downs their food within 5 min of making it or do you really savoir the taste and eat slow..
was just wondering because i hear that eating your meal slow will make your brain send signals to your stomach that your full & you wont eat as much & because you chew so much more than what you do when you eat fast??

thoughts anyone?????????

Replies

• twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    it takes 20 mins for your brain to signal that you are full...that's why you're supposed to eat slow...my eating depends on my mood and how hungry i really am...lol...but i do try to eat a little slower
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I have a blog entry from August that covers the topic of Mindful Eating straight from my weight loss doctor. YES, YES, YES, eating slowly and chewing thoroughly will assist in your weight loss.
  • rosiesparkle100
    Options
    I really believe slow eating people are thinner than those that wolf it down, precisely for the reason that they allow themselves to feel full as they go, rather than realising they were actually full about 15 minutes ago, 15 minutes too late. Unfortunately, I hate my food going cold, so I am not a slow eater. Boo.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    super fast.

trying really hard to slow down! :)
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Starting to eat my meals more slowly was one of the biggest changes I've made. I'm generally sitting at the table 10-15 minutes longer than the rest of my family, haha. I can hardly even eat my lunch on my 30 minute lunch break at work :(
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a very very fast eater.
  • rebecca_lc28
    rebecca_lc28 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i use to be a really fast eater and stuff as much in until i was so full.. i would have that i am about to burst feeling.. then after 20 min i would feel sick! but i am SLOWLY learning to slow my eating down.. the body is such an amazing thing!! & its great to hear other people opinions & to know i am not the only stuffer out there LOL
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat really fast, but I have noticed that it doesn't seem to make a difference to me whether I eat fast or slow as to how full I get. I eat a certain amount of food, and that's it. Perhaps it's just dedication? IDK, maybe I'm weird.
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I try to eat slow but with 3young kids sometimes I just eat fast because otherwise i wouldn't get to. I have my dinner when they are all in bed so take time with that.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I eat each bite quickly (it REALLY turns my stomach to chew food more than a couple of times...ewww) but I use tiny silverware and take minuscule bites. Not as a condition of dieting...I just like little forks and bite-sized bits. I also take longer-than-average pauses between bites to sit back, sip my drink, chat, read, whatever. And I put my silverware down between most bites.

I am always the last to finish eating. XD
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    I used to be slow, but now I'm faster than I'd like. I think it's because my husband is a fast eater, and he sets the pace. I also eat to get the nutrition and eat things I like, but I'm not a big foodie, so I don't really like to linger...would rather move onto other, more interesting, things!

Lucy :)
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    Umfortunately due to my lifestyle I am a very fast eater. I work at a job where I have to eat while working and often get interrupted so it becomes habit to eat as quickly as possible so you can enjoy your food while it is still hot.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I EAT SO FAST. I have worked in fast food since I first started working. I never really got legitimate breaks or lunches, so when I did get to eat I had to eat quickly before another customer arrived! Now, I have my own food cart and am the boss, so sometimes I can just take the time to myself to eat. Unfortunately, I still eat way too quickly. I am going to start focusing on that ;D
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm another fast eater, and I also hate my food to get cold. Sometimes I have enough foresight to warm my plate up first - though not often enough.
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Im a slow eater, I comme from a long line of slow eaters, my whole family are Chefs in one form or another so that may have something to do with it. I didn't know this until I started eating with friends in my teens, and adult life. When they had all finished there dinner I still had over half of mine left. It's not a choice it's just the way I am, I couldn't eat any faster if I wanted to. But thankfully for me it is the best way to have it! :)
  • ziggylove
    Options
    Slowish eater here. I like to savor my food so it's kind of natural to do that more slowly. Unless I'm super hungry-- then I tend to snarf things pretty quickly-- I try to avoid that happening. :]
  • Aria_Fat_Pants
    Options
    I eat like its a competition. *poof*. Gone in a minute.
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Eat way way too fast. As a child there was always something more interesting to do than eat - so I'd stuff my food down so I could get back to whatever I had to stop doing to eat!! Lol..

I'm definitely not a foodie. Food isn't something I love at all. But that means I eat things that are tasty - ie crisps, sausage rolls etc..

I'd love to find a tablet that I could take each morning that would give me all my supplements, calories - everything necessary in food and just take that.. Of course it would have to make me feel full all day!! Then I'd never have to eat..

Very frustrating not to really enjoy food, yet I'm overweight and need to monitor what I eat!!

Someday I'll get it right though!!
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I hoover my food into me.

I'm trying to eat more slowly lately but I'm just so hungry.
  • Liliacea
    Liliacea Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think I eat a little bit slower than the people around me because I'm always the last one on the table to finish her meal.
    When I'm in a hurry I try to eat fast. But most of the time I avoid that cause I get horrible stomach pain and feel nauseous when I eat fast.