My Boyfriend thinks am too thin now!!

Options
Last night my boyfriend and I had a big row over my weight. We just came home from his mom’s restaurant after eating dinner when we were alone he said to me, my mom told my brother you are losing so much weight what’s happening? Hmmm then he said I don’t want you to go to the gym anymore which I just laugh because I could not believe my ears. Then the look on his face I knew he was serious. So I said what size was I when you met me? (Because I knew I was smaller when we met) Then he said no you were much bigger then. Knowing he must have an eye problem or in dam denial I said, ok then what was I doing when you met me? Let me tell you I was going to the gym right? Then I met you and stopped and gained all this weight. Still that did not settle the argument so I said, you prefer a woman who is big and fat and undesirable, and I prefer a man with more muscles and less of a belly I will quit the gym if you join one. There was no sound after that! (I know he will never pick up a dumb bell even if it was on his toe.) I guess I had the last word! lol

!!!!Don't let anyone stop you from reaching your goal!!

Replies

• SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Go you!

My boyfriend is always telling me not to lose anymore weight - I just think he's trying to stop anyone else from fancying me!
  • aims94
    aims94 Posts: 20
    Options
    it sounds like he is afraid that you look to good girl!

a little jealousy never hurt anybody hes lcky to have you!
  • thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm the complete opposite... my boyfriend tells me to lose weight and says I'm fat :(.

But good for you, don't let anyone stop you from getting what you want!! :)
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Good for you for standing up for yourself.

After all, it's about health and happiness. :)
  • nurse_chris
    Options
    Good for you! Being a guy I am almost positive this is his own body image thats the real issue. Congrats on your journey so far!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Go you!

My boyfriend is always telling me not to lose anymore weight - I just think he's trying to stop anyone else from fancying me!

That was my first thought as well!!! :)
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    never let anyone stop u from lsoing weighti think he is getting jealous and a lil insecure that u are getting in shape and he isnt , and he wants u fat and outta of shape like him. keep up the good work
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    never let anyone stop u from lsoing weighti think he is getting jealous and a lil insecure that u are getting in shape and he isnt , and he wants u fat and outta of shape like him. keep up the good work
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm the complete opposite... my boyfriend tells me to lose weight and says I'm fat :(.

But good for you, don't let anyone stop you from getting what you want!! :)

Nobody should ever say that to you, you should drop him!!!
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Me thinks he needs to adjust his expectations since your ticker makes it quite clear that you are going to lose another 15 kilos!!!
  • spiceshirl
    Options
    Me thinks he needs to adjust his expectations since your ticker makes it quite clear that you are going to lose another 15 kilos!!!

Love it mate!! hope that dumb bell never gets off his toes lol
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend was the same way; didn't want me to be any smaller because he is large, too.

I told him up front that I'm not losing weight to be "skinny" --I'm losing it to be healthy. And if he needs a visual, I can point to the BMI where it says "Obese" in big red letters and show him that it's going to take at least 65 more pounds before it will say "Healthy".

I am going to get there. And now he is along for the ride (he joined MFP himself two weeks ago). And I warned him that when we get married, I will be cooking good, healthy meals and he can forget about Five Guys.

Keep doing what you're doing girl; do it for your right reasons!! You have the confidence you need to succeed!! :happy:
  • jooles0
    jooles0 Posts: 47
    Options
    I have the same thing from ALL of my friends and family. I am in the right range for "normal" and want to lose another 5lbs to be comfortable. I think its because I was very large before and the change is dramatic.

I am NO WHERE near too thin and never will be. I put it down to jealously myself and the fact that I am way more confident, happy and I have changed. I want to do more and make the most of everyday when they haven't changed at all!

The one thing that I have learnt on my journey it that losing weight and getting fit is FOR ME not them so you stick with what makes you happy :)
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Not to put too fine a point on it, your boyfriend is an idiot. (IMHO)
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    What the eff ever! I see all sorts of insecurity issues on his part. My ex husband tells me he'll do that to girls just cuz he's feeling insecure about things or feels he's losing them. He always tells me secrets about men lol.
    Screw that...I can relate to this but in a different aspect.
    You look good and he's afraid you'll leave him, etc.
  • spiceshirl
    Options
    Not to put too fine a point on it, your boyfriend is an idiot. (IMHO)

I can't agree more!!
  • spiceshirl
    Options
    What the eff ever! I see all sorts of insecurity issues on his part. My ex husband tells me he'll do that to girls just cuz he's feeling insecure about things or feels he's losing them. He always tells me secrets about men lol.

I know you are right he is insecure!! Just Thurday we went out again to the very resturant and two men was eyeing me up all night which he pointed!! And guess what he was all over me, as if to prove a point to them and would not leave my side all night. It's like a dog guarding a bone! Grrrr
  • spiceshirl
    Options

I know you are right he is insecure!! Just Thurday we went out again to the very resturant and two men was eyeing me up all night which he pointed out to me!! And guess what? he was all over me, as if to prove a point to them and would not leave my side all night. It's like a dog guarding a bone! Grrrr
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend doesn't want me to get 'too skinny' either. I've told him I'm doing it for me and I'll stop at whatever weight makes me happy.
    I think it is a jealousy thing though sometimes I think he's concerned I'm not eating properly. I've had a few times when he's telling me to eat more because I'm under calories. It's nice that he shows the interest but I'm just going to do what I want to at the end of the day.