You didn't have to meet me halfway!

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
Evil Boyfriend (EB) has been surprisingly supportive of my weightloss, probably because as a chef he's hardly home at meal times so it doesn't adversely affect his lifestyle!

I started on MFP at 14 stone (196lbs) - I think I actually subconsciously ate up to a round number so sheer disgust would send me running for healthier choices! EB said that when I reached 12 stone (168lbs) he'd buy me a present as an incentive. I didn't make the 12 stone goal for my birthday like I hoped, so now it's my Halloween goal, just two pounds away as of this morning.

My next goal was to weigh less than EB. I haven't weighed less than a partner for about 18 years. Now, EB has always been super-slim, a build I favour, and at around the same height as me or maybe an inch taller he has always said he weighs 11 stone.

In a bored moment on his day off yesterday he hopped on the scales and found out he weighs 12 stone now! As he hardly eats on days when he's cooking, it's mainly down to beer calories, and he's getting a mini gut on him.

Surprisingly he's told me he's going to go easy on the beer this month and save some money into the bargain. Hopefully he'll be back to his slimline self, or I'll have to find a new goal.

Either than or a slimmer, less evil, boyfriend!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    slightly off topic, can i ask why you call him evil boyfriend?!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options

Gotta admit - I'm curious about this, too. Do tell.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I dread to think what MrWW weighs now, he is certainly more than me anyway with a BIG beer belly, lol!

Demand that present NOW!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lh12xx
    lh12xx Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have support from a partner
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Gotta admit - I'm curious about this, too. Do tell.
    :laugh: A long story, in the past and irrelevant to the discussion. I'll retain an air of mystery for now :wink:
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    I thought you got rid of EB. no? anyway... my hubz weighs 100 pounds more than me.