To Girls Hitting the Clubs....

Options
What do you wear? What's your look? Pics welcome, just needing some inspiration :)

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Always wear jeans is my motto ^^ I dont do much clubbing now since guys would always try groping me, but I might go again soon, and I highly recommend jeans and a cute shirt ^^
  • lulukan
    lulukan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Winter: Jeans and a cute top
    Summer: Shorts and tank top, or skirt and tank top

My daughter's plan for not getting harassed by drunk men (usually) is she goes dancing with me at a gay club. Sometimes you just want to dance to some good music and not be treated like a piece of meat. ;-)
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    dresses!

i love wearing dresses, makes me feel feminine, its low maintenance and is comfortable to dance in.

simple shaped dresses in bright colours are my go-to at the mo.

That and a pair of heels and i'm ready to go!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    The few times I've gone, I wore nice jeans, black heels and a nice, tight, black, v-neck t-shirt that showed off the goods. I like to be comfortable. Plus, you know the rule of "if you do up your eyes, keep lips simple"? I feel the same way about hair and makeup vs. clothing.

Akin to this look:

58047102thefashionbomb872009103708am.jpg

Then again, when I can pull of something slinky and tiny, I SO will. XD
  • pompeyqueen
    pompeyqueen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm loving skinny jeans specially black with high platform heels then a cute top and if i'm having an off day I would wear a floaty silky feel top that is all the rage at the mo in a bright popping colour and some accessories is a must!!

My favourite subject is clothes shoes and bags, Loooooove fashion :)
  • TheTonyPony
    Options
    Little Black Dress. It's a staple for a reason. I go black dress with some very striking shoes, simple jewelry, big eyes.
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    59161_538309152474_49300911_31696365_6019965_n.jpg

That's pretty much my standard (I'm on the left)
  • cazyll
    cazyll Posts: 184
    Options
    Your so lucky that jeans are the fashion. Where I live if your bum cheeks arent showing in below your skirt line then it's too long. Dread when my daughters start going out :frown:
  • Liliacea
    Liliacea Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I usually wear short dresses but I guess it's important to be careful about the (fabric) material when wearing short dresses - short dresses can go wrong very easily you can end up looking cheap. In my opinion, with short dresses, an A-line(if I can describe it so) or a one shoulder looks very chic & elegant, yet sexy(without being trashy).
    I love details like sequins or a bow(on the back especially) - they add a little bit of femininity without being too childish and girly. I avoid some detailing (like flowers) because I think, on me they look so teenage girl-like. But they might look good on you it's worth trying.
    I love cut-outs on short dresses! They turn an ordinary(and boring) dress into a different and a modern dress.
    I love bodycon dresses too but it's not really flattering on everyone so, you should consider your shape when buying a bodycon dress. But if you have curves, a bodycon dress will flatter them - but you have to be careful with the length of the dress too.
    When it comes to décollage, my favorite thing is open back dresses! They look so stunning and sexy on most women, yet not trashy. But you have to watch out again - the cut should not go too low!
    Colors might depend on to your skin tone, hair color, eye color and the club you're going.
    But, I think colors like navy blue and powder pink looks good (well unless you aren't very pale powder pink is a nice color) on most people. I find wearing black or grey (when going out) a bit boring(cause it's kinda ordinary) - but if you don't have enough time to plan your outfit they can really save your life! Red is a dangerous color -it either looks stunning or awful- but if you think you've find a unique shade of red (like a beautiful crimson or a nice blue-toned red) and if you think you can pull it of, go for it! For something modern, (if you're confident and comfortable to wear it) you can try colors like orange. When it comes to orange, darker shades look more grown up (and perfect for fall) while bright oranges look a little more young (and more suitable for summer).
    When it comes to shoes and bags, I either match the material but with a little difference on either the bag or the shoes (like leather-leather, but with studded leather clutch) or I match the color. But I NEVER match the color and the material at the same time - I think it looks kinda weird and too matchy - matchy.
    For shoes, I like high heels (of course - what else would you wear on a night out) but I stay away from platforms (ok. they're more comfortable but they just don't look good on me - they're less likely too look good on you if you're short like me, I'm 5ft5in btw.)
    I love details like bows, studs, sequins and even feathers on shoes, they look very pretty and unordinary.
    When it comes to bags, clutches all the way! They look good on everyone - but the size of the clutch is important too, for example if you're a bigger size, go for bigger clutches cause small ones are likely to look weird on you if you're bigger.
    When it comes to hair, I choose what to do depending on my dress. If the dress is too made up, I wear my hair more simple, e.g. in a ponytail, cause that will balance the madeupness(is there such word? I guess there is not, well, anyway) dress . But if the dress is simple, you can go for a fancier hairstyle.
    When it comes to jewelry, I don't like to wear "bigger" or heavier stuff. Like, a long earring with a lot of rhinestones is likely to be heavy and hurt your ears(lol) when you dance. And I don't like huge bangles either, they're just too much.
    Make-up wise, my motto is less is always more. I hate going to the clubs and seeing a woman who had a bronzer overdose! It looks so wrong and ruin the beauty of most women. I usually stick to nude make up and highlight my unique facial features with bringing some color to my face(everyone has unique facial proportions and you should be flattering them, not concealing them.)
    Overall, when going out(or when dressing up everyday) my aim is to avoid looking too made up or trashy. I also avoid revealing too much skin cause it makes you look so cheap. Also, I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard.
    I like mixing styles, like wearing a braided ballerina bun with leather jacket - it looks unexpected but totally cool.
    Last but not least, a women should dress up for HERSELF. Not for guys or not for competing with the women around herself. Everyone is beautiful in their own, unique way and you should find your style and taste in clothing by listening only yourself.
    Hope this helps, have fun on your night out!
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    Woah thanks heaps for this! Will definitely refer back to what you've said
  • Being2befit
    Being2befit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dresses :) and heels...i go for more glamour look lots of glitter and shine. I always have heels that stand out more than my dresses... :) never jeans do I wear to club maybe a bar but not a club
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    What do you wear? What's your look? Pics welcome, just needing some inspiration :)

With a name like that, I dont think you need anymore inspiration!