Wedding Countdown Welcomes!

Options
clur85
clur85 Posts: 187 Member
Hello there,

I'm a newcomer to myfitnesspal, and I am on the countdown to my wedding (8 months) and am looking to cut down 2 stone in that time. I am on different forums like You and Your Wedding which do have seperate threads for Weight Loss for your wedding, but it's just general chat rather than fitness focussed, so thought I would start a thread for all us (boys or girls) getting wed soon and looking to shred the pounds!

Brief about me: I started properly on Monday, I am doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred video and I am following a diet diary through those 30 days. I am then going to gradually add back in the gym with 30 day shred. I want to lose a stone before xmas so I don't start on the slippery start to christmas eating!!

Replies

• naomirog
    naomirog Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm getting married..but not until 25th may 2013!...This is kind of my practice wedding diet because i know i'll probably yo-yo up until the date haha! Good Luck :)
  • melissabee31
    Options
    Awesome thread! My wedding is in 9 months (next June, of course!) and I am just hoping to look my very best by then. I am also starting the 30DS TODAY! Really excited to see some awesome results I hope. My fiance is going to be gone for the rest of the month on a business trip so I thought now would be the perfect time for the 30DS.

Also, I just ordered my wedding dress a few weeks ago. It should be here in November. I am getting SO stoked about trying it on, just kind of worried about how it will fit. Do you have your dress yet?

Best of luck on the 30DS!
  • Rachel_Leigh84
    Options
    Hey welcome to MFP! I am getting married on the 20th April 2012 (MY BIRTHDAY) in Antigua. To get to my target by then I need to lose another 12 pounds.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I also am getting married in march,that leaves me less than six months to lose 30lbs,I know i can do it,have broken it up in two so 15lbs by end of january and 15 by end if march for wedding.WOOHOOO
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am getting married next june!! V exciting!

I lost the weight before i ordered my dress, because i knew that otherwise i would just stay the size that i was, knowing that my dress fit and looked 'ok' as it was. but really who wants to look 'ok'?! I am now 5 pounds under the weight i was when i got my dress, so thers gonna be some alterations needed next year!!
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Dammit I'm still waiting for the 18th of November to get engaged and another year or so to get married...congrats by the way =)
  • moon_light10
    Options
    Hi there
    I'm getting married Aug 2012, already bought my dress, and it fits, but I would like to loose another 20lbs so that I know it looks a lot better, than it did (haven't seen my dress since April this yr)
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    Congratulations all!

I'm getting married, but not for a long while - August 2014...not sure how much i want to loose before then as i've never been a small size. Going to look at a possible venue in January when they are holding a wedding fayre ;o)

Probably won't even start looking for a dress for another year...i'll be 29 when i get married so i'm sure my tastes will change between now and then (as well as my body shape hopefully!)

good luck all :o)
  • jobster68
    jobster68 Posts: 145
    Options
    Hi - I am getting married on 9 March 2012 (my birthday) which is 22 weeks tomorrow. Ideally I would like to drop two dress sizes - to be an English size 14 instead of an 18. I am just starting my third week and am exceedingly happy with my 10lb loss so far. Fitting into a nice wedding dress is most definitely the motivation I need to shed those unwanted pounds.

Good luck in your journey one and all - if anyone wants to add me as a friend so we can chat weddings and offer each other support in any times when we might fall off the wagon - please feel free.

Oh and congratulations everyone on your upcoming nuptials.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Dammit I'm still waiting for the 18th of November to get engaged and another year or so to get married...congrats by the way =)

What's significant about Novemebr 18th that you're waiting to get engaged?

I'm anxiously awaiting my bf to have the chat with my father about asking to marry me. I get giddy just thinking about it :)
  • clur85
    Options
    WOW just logged on and seen all the responses to my thread - congrats to all you brides and grooms to be! Am sure we can do it by supporting each other on here!

I have ordered my wedding dress but it won't come into the shop until about 12 weeks before :-( I am dieing to have it!! It fits perfectly when I tried the shop sample on so they will probably shout at me if i do lose a few dress sizes but never mind i'll just get the dress altered!
  • satikat
    satikat Posts: 35
    Options
    Oh my god! My boyfriend of six years suggested we sit down with a jewelry craftsman and select (or design) an engagement ring or wedding set. I am quite literally vibrating where I sit now that this has really sunk in. Thinking a summer wedding in 2012. I would like to be at my goal weight by then- 180- which means losing about 8.75 pounds a month with a June date. I am afraid this is a bit unrealistic, so losing 50lbs would make me happy.
  • MaryanneHolman
    Options
    Yeah!!! Congrats Sati, I know you've been waiting for this for a while. I am very happy for you both. Can't wait till you break the news officially so for now I will keep your secret. :):):)
  • clur85
    Options
    Hi brides/grooms to be,
    Just thought i'd bump this thread up for any newcomers this month who are on the wedding countdown!

Personally, my progress in just over a month has even surprised myself. After months/years of moaning about not losing weight but not fully focussing on it, I have been really focussing on my diet using MFP and it really has completely changed my outlook and attitude towards food. Who'd have thought moderation and exercise would work eh? ;)

Well, i'm 8lb down in one month, and one month closer to the wedding (6 months to go!!) so am feeling quite confident that I will be able to reach my goal.

Any other wedding countdown-ers would be good to share our experiences and buddy up! :)
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am getting married in 250 days (July of 2012) to my fiance Fanatic4J. I am always up to MFP accountability buddies. :)
  • DayDreamer78
    DayDreamer78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm also losing weight for the wedding! I am 40 lbs from goal, and I have 8 months to lose the weight (July 2012 is the deadline).
  • clur85
    Options
    welcome ladies! I have added you both, so let's spur each other on to look fab in those wedding dresses! :)
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i'm getting married in 3 DAYS! HOLY CRAP! i'm as ready as i can be at this point with out sabotaging what the seamstress already did to the amazing dress I have!

congrats to all the up coming wedding peeps!

stay focused and keep your eye on the prize and no matter what you do. DO NOT BUY A DRESS AND TRY TO FIT INTO IT! its just not worth the stress. the dress can always be taken in. Be happy with yourself and your partner! the dress is just an extension of your inner beauty!
  • CharleeA
    Options
    Can i join you guys too? IM getting married 23rd marcvh 2013 and want to lose 50lb then! 500 days to go!! x
  • clur85
    Options
    awdamm, congratulations, I'm guessing you're married now!! hope you had a great day! those are some great tips too :)

welcome CharleeA, it's great that you're starting your weight loss now, and not doing it last minute like me with six months to go! nothing like a deadline to spur on the motivation! :)