Lifestyle change with Little Results?

So i logged in today and my MFP page says i've logged in for 25 days now. Whoop. I have made some changes that i feel are realistic such as not eating out nearly as much as i did before i was trying to get fit watching my calorie intake and being active for at LEAST 30 minutes a day. I realize i shouldn't expect HUGE number changes but only down 2 lbs since i started?

I have noticed a trend to the way im eating and i would like some input....looks like i eat pretty small meals and snacks throughout the day and save most of my calories for dinner and eat roughly 600 cals. Is this bad? Im usually right around my goal calories for the day except for the days i burn a ton and dont have the appetite to eat them all back.

i know slow and steady wins the race but seriously! lol

Not sure if this matters but heres my stats : 5 ft tall currently 148.2 lbs.

PS. when i talk about realistic changes above im talking about cutting carbs, going all protein....i have pretty much cut sugar (except for fruit and coffee<~ last week i tried to remove coffee from my life and i found i was eating more so decided to keep it) just looking for suggestions to possibly see some results. Thanks for looking!!! :o)

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    It took my body about 6 weeks of changed eating habits to start to show results. I think my metabolism was recalculating, after having spent most of my life in the binge/starvation mode. I know it is frustrating but stick with it, you'll win in the long run.

And I try eat most of my calories prior to 6pm, so you may want to lighten up your dinner and have more food at breakfast and lunch.

good luck.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Two pounds in 25 days isn't a bad loss at all. I know we'd all love to see faster results (me included). I have days of massive frustration on and off since starting this, but I am very slowly creeping down. I'm so close to my goal I'm not even losing 0.2 lbs per week, I don't think.

I can't see your food diary, but to jump start losing, I either aim to go 400-500 calories under goal (with exercise), or to up my intake to within ~100 calories of my goal (which one I do depends on my most current pattern of eating).

Also, salt and/or fake sugars (aspartame, splenda, sweet n low, equal, etc.) can cause bloating.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    It's pretty common. I didn't get any results the first 4 weeks. Keep at it - your body's probably just adjusting. :)
  • I'm wondering why you note "little results". Is the scale the only measure of your success? IMHO, if you are making changes to be healthy, then the number on the scale is only one part (a SMALLpart) of the way you should evaluate your progress.
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 522 Member
    Two pounds in 25 days isn't a bad loss at all. I know we'd all love to see faster results (me included). I have days of massive frustration on and off since starting this, but I am very slowly creeping down. I'm so close to my goal I'm not even losing 0.2 lbs per week, I don't think.

I can't see your food diary, but to jump start losing, I either aim to go 400-500 calories under goal (with exercise), or to up my intake to within ~100 calories of my goal (which one I do depends on my most current pattern of eating).

Also, salt and/or fake sugars (aspartame, splenda, sweet n low, equal, etc.) can cause bloating.

Salt is probably some of my issue. and i dont eat the fake sugars....
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    what i have to keep reminding myself is that real changes ARE happening, but i can't see them on the outside. just like the damage i was doing wasn't showing up (yet) from my bad eating habits and not exercising for years. right now, you might have not lost much weight, but your body is going through wonderful positive responses to your healthy habits. you have to give your body time to adjust, and to know you're serious about keeping up with a new healthy lifestyle. 25 days is not long at all. give it 6 months, and then if you still haven't seen results, maybe see what you can do to change things up a bit. i am giving myself a year to lose all the weight i want and to see lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels. i've spent 40 years mistreating my body, i know it will take a long time to get it where it needs to be. :smile:
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 522 Member
    :o) Thanks guys!