Looking for Vegetarian and Vegan friends (of all types)

Options

Replies

• tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    veggie here :flowerforyou:
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    hi there

im not a vegetarian as such, but i tend to and like to stay off meat(just chicken and fish) as much as i can. im looking for some recipes that can provide enough protien within the same serving,lemme know if you have a few...
  • phlumpet
    phlumpet Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan.
  • BittLynne
    BittLynne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    4 years 27 days and counting! Veggies add me!
  • eastofthewillow
    eastofthewillow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP... and I don't really understand how community works. That being said, I've been meat free for about 6 years now and would love some vegetarian friends who understand that it's possible to a vegetarian and still need to loose weight. ~Amber~
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Not vege or vegan but dairy intolerant so have grown to love soya milk/ yoghurts etc. I am also intolerant to gluten and eggs so don,t eat those either. I have no problems sticking to the diet at home but find eating out a nightmare, egg in particular is always hidden in something. It can be done but i have to ask loads of questions. I eat very little meat but love fish. I was vege for 5 years but craved meat whilst pregnant never quite got back there and as my family are true carnivores this is difficult.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am vegetarian and have been for several years.
    I make all of my dinners without fake meats. I do eat cheese, yogurt and eggs. But I don't drink dairy milk. I use almond milk for cereal, cooking and baking.
    Friend me if you like!
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years
    any vegetarians vegans feel free to add me as a friend
  • zkitty
    zkitty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a new vegetarian and my husband (veganbodybuilder) is a new vegan.

Feel free to add ^_^
  • busterrocks
    busterrocks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    New to being a vegetarian (August) and new to this plan (today). I'd love to meet some other vegetarians/vegans.
  • VeganChick66
    Options
    Hi, I've been a vegan for 3 years and love it! I've lost over 100 lbs. and I am working on a cookbook. Would be glad to share recipes with others!
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was vegetarian for 4 years but I stopped, I've decided I want to eat less processed foods so i'm doing the 30 day vegan challenge and then I'm going to try and stick to a vegan diet 5/6 days a week after that.
    When i was vegetarian I was an animal lover and quite passionate about animal rights and then my views on things changed and I started eating meat again although I found that i hate bacon now whereas before I was veggie bacon butties where like my favourite thing.
    I'm hoping doing the 30 day vegan challenge will help me eat more cleanly. I know people say your supposed to transition in but i've always been the type of person who jumps feet first into things and plus its only 30 days if I feel really crap at the end then Iits only 30 days if not i'll try and continue with it as best I can.
  • doingitmyway18
    Options
    hi, I'm new to this and have been a vegetarian for five years, and a month ago became vegan, any good vegan recipies, diet tips etc will be greatly welcomed :)
  • eflint
    eflint Posts: 4
    Options
    Vegetarian here. :) I eat dairy, not much eggs because they make my stomach hurt.
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    hi, I'm new to this and have been a vegetarian for five years, and a month ago became vegan, any good vegan recipies, diet tips etc will be greatly welcomed :)

I have a blog where I am starting to write down my vegan recipes (instead of having to search through all the scraps of paper I currently have them scribbled on in my kitchen!), feel free to use them : )

http://favouriteveganrecipes.blogspot.com/

Also feel free to add me as a friend xx
  • curiousmissclay
    Options
    Im a Pescetarian and would love some new friends so add away!
  • VeganJP
    VeganJP Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Greetings all!

I've been Vegan for over a year now and have lost nearly 40 pounds. Getting ready to start a more defined exercise regimen!

I have already benefited from the Food Diary. It became obvious that I struggle with snack food choices (stupid tasty potato chips! :bigsmile: )

Feel free to add me as a friend too!!
  • SunshineDaily
    SunshineDaily Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm (newly) vegan too! I'm finding that I feel so much healthier - just feel so alive! And I've lost weight.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I'm a veg-head! Add me. :-)
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm considering Vegan. Very very scared also. I've already added substitutes to my diet and enjoy them very much! I really need some support and encouragement from those who have traveled the path I am facing.

Thanks you all.
    SLB