mermaid or whale?

Options
2»

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I hate to come across as *****y, but REALLY? ..... "We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies.
    We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated." .... No, pretty sure MOST of us gain weight because we eat too much and don't move enough. I'm all about inspiring women to feel comfortable in their own skin/be proud of our bodies...but common. Idk, am I the only one that feels like this whole thing is a load of crap?

No! Your pants are too tight because you are WISE! That is wisdom on our thighs, ladies!

haha Right! We should all stop being so darn smart! Stop reading ladies!!
  • happysongbird
    Options
    BTW, I'm over 50 and I've had 7 kids..
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Idk, am I the only one that feels like this whole thing is a load of crap?

No, 111,111 squared, you are apparently the seventh person to respond that it's bullsh*t.
    -wtk

When I started to reply there were no responses yet, then I got hung up at work and by the time I posted it I was late...fail.

Anyways, this has been floating around facebook for two days now and it's driving me mad.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I literally rolled my eyes when I read this yesterday.

This.... "We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies."

Lets be real.... we gain weight because we have kids, we stop making ourselves a priority, we get busy and hit the drive thru too much, we stop moving, stop even noticing sometimes. And a multitude of other very REAL reasons. I think this message is just ridiculous. Its not okay to excuse away being unhealthy by saying youre cultured and wise. Theres a very real difference in having self esteem and feeling good about yourself and making excuses to continue on in a lifestyle that isnt healthy.

+100

And also because everyone knows that whales and seals don't get along. What a load of tripe.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Wtfs a mermaid..
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

This.... "We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies."

Lets be real.... we gain weight because we have kids, we stop making ourselves a priority, we get busy and hit the drive thru too much, we stop moving, stop even noticing sometimes. And a multitude of other very REAL reasons. I think this message is just ridiculous. Its not okay to excuse away being unhealthy by saying youre cultured and wise. Theres a very real difference in having self esteem and feeling good about yourself and making excuses to continue on in a lifestyle that isnt healthy.

+100

And also because everyone knows that whales and seals don't get along. What a load of tripe.

Orcas eat seals. Think about it.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I hate to come across as *****y, but REALLY? ..... "We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies.
    We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated." .... No, pretty sure MOST of us gain weight because we eat too much and don't move enough. I'm all about inspiring women to feel comfortable in their own skin/be proud of our bodies...but common. Idk, am I the only one that feels like this whole thing is a load of crap?

No! Your pants are too tight because you are WISE! That is wisdom on our thighs, ladies!

really? I always thought it was cellulite. glad to know it's "wisdom"

:laugh:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    wda1758l.jpg
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I LOL'd when I read this. I'm fat because I let myself get this way. Because I chose to sit on my *kitten* and play video games for 15 hours on a sunday. I chose to order pizza.

I'm a shark. RAWR!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I would prefer to date the whale. Because where there is whale...there is whale tail ;)

HJxrg.gif

I found the "parable" quite cute and funny myself. It seems tongue in cheek and made me smile.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    "We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies."

I must be friggin' Ghandi and Einstein combined then.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    wda1758l.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: That's too awesome for words!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

+100

yes. and everyone knows fish lay eggs, so mermaids CAN procreate..peasants.

LMAO exactly.