How many calories are you eating?

Options

Replies

• Jess22542
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 128 lbs, and 25 years old. I am eating 1400-1500 calories/day. I exercise 6 days/week. I have lost 20 lbs (I was eating 1200-1300 calories/day then) and I'm basically maintaining now and working on getting more toned.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    5ft 11, 211lbs, 33, and I eat 2200/day. I'm also in the gym 6 days a week, but fairly sloth-like otherwise. I'm ok with the amount I'm losing.
  • azzledazzle
    Options
    230lbs, 5ft 9, 21 years old, "2200 Calories a day,

I have a very active job, And i gym 6 days a week, Im also weight training at the same time so the calorie thing is important.

I also dont eat back exercise calories, Unless its my cheat day..

Losing 3.5lb a week :D
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    142lbs, 5ft 4, 36 years old and 1420 calories a day.

I have it set at active although some days my job isn't but it works for me. I exercise 6 days a week & struggle to eat the whole 1420, usually I leave about 300 uneaten.
    I'm losing 1lb a week so it works for me. Funny thing is, when I've eaten a lot & feel full until I go to bed I usually find the next day I've lost weight. Who would have thought eating this much would make the weight drop off?? :bigsmile:
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Weight - 105kg
    Height 172 cm
    Age - 47
    Calories - 1300 (plus my exercise calories)

I've lost 44kg since April. My lifestyle is set at sedentary and I exercise six days a week.
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 cals + exercise calories. I don't always hit my goal but I don't think I ever eat less than 1500.

I'm 28 years old, 5'7" and about 194 lbs right now. I've lost 21 pounds since I started on MFP 9 weeks ago (then my goal was 1630).

I have my profile set to sedentary and a loss of 1lb / week but as you can see I've lost more than 2lb / week on average, so that setting isn't very accurate for me.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have been playing about with numbers for the last month or so.

I was on 1200 for ages and lost about 17lb, then I upped it to 1300 and lost another couple of lbs but over a few weeks.

I figured that being so near goal I should change it to 0.5 lb a week which was about 1400, but in my head I think this subconsciously gave me a licence to eat more than I should have and kept going over to about 1600 (my maintenance is currently 1680 and I didn't gain).

I am determined to lose the last few lbs now so I have put my cals at 1255 which is my BMR. I think I am gonna do this for about 2 weeks and then try upping it to 1400 again but be sensible this time :)
  • crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    6 foot, 38 yr's... 182 ish pounds...

Averaging 2850/day over the past month, losing consistent 1lb/week in that time.

Quite a bit of running is helping notch up the numbers
  • yary317
    yary317 Posts: 32
    Options
    Weight 138
    Height. 5'6"
    Cal: 1,200
    I started a week ago and lost 2 pounds so far! I think it's working for me!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    When I started: 8 August
    Weight: 125.7kg
    Height: 170cm
    Calorie intake: 1890

Now:
    Weight: 120.9kgs
    Height: 170cm
    Calorie intake: 1800

I have my normal activities set to sedentary as I'm a taxi driver...

So far it's working for me.....
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Just curious as to how many calories people are eating that are making them lose weight..

What's your weight, height, age, and calorie intake??

I have calculated my BMR dozens of times but I'm just not sure if I'm eating the right amount.

Im 164, 5'7 and 22. I started MFP eating 1200.. lost 13 lbs n the weightloss stopped.. I was told to increase so I am now eating 1400 but no change...

just curious as to what everyone else is doing.

Thanks!

I have probably told you this already, but...

5'7" started MFP at 175 pounds and eating 1200 calories. Plateaued for 2 months, upped calories to 1400 for 2 weeks with no change. I then changed my MFP activity level to "moderate" even though I am a desk worker in order to account for the daily brisk walking/cardio I do. I also changed my MFP setting to lose 0.5 pounds/week. This gave me 1600+ calories/day and I started losing again. The only exercise I enter now is strength training, which eliminates the whole "exercise calories" debacle for me. I just had to keep tweaking MFP until it started working for me again.
  • amanda07425
    amanda07425 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just curious as to how many calories people are eating that are making them lose weight..

What's your weight, height, age, and calorie intake??

I have calculated my BMR dozens of times but I'm just not sure if I'm eating the right amount.

Im 164, 5'7 and 22. I started MFP eating 1200.. lost 13 lbs n the weightloss stopped.. I was told to increase so I am now eating 1400 but no change...

just curious as to what everyone else is doing.

Thanks!

I have probably told you this already, but...

5'7" started MFP at 175 pounds and eating 1200 calories. Plateaued for 2 months, upped calories to 1400 for 2 weeks with no change. I then changed my MFP activity level to "moderate" even though I am a desk worker in order to account for the daily brisk walking/cardio I do. I also changed my MFP setting to lose 0.5 pounds/week. This gave me 1600+ calories/day and I started losing again. The only exercise I enter now is strength training, which eliminates the whole "exercise calories" debacle for me. I just had to keep tweaking MFP until it started working for me again.

I think I might up again.. I'm just afraid cuz my BMR is 1576 so if I go around 1600 won't i gain?
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I think I might up again.. I'm just afraid cuz my BMR is 1576 so if I go around 1600 won't i gain?

Your BMR is what you would burn in a coma... the minute you get out of bed you burn more calories than your BMR. Your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is your BMR + your daily activity.

If you eat at your BMR + your exercise calories, you will LOSE weight.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Trying for 2000 plus exercise calories. Was losing a half pound a week with that. The last month has been bad all around however.
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT 164
    HEIGHT 5'5"
    AGE 34
    CALORIES 1200

Eating back all of my exercise calories.
  • anitam1987
    anitam1987 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT 167
    HEIGHT 5'11"
    AGE 24
    CALORIES 1450-1600

When I used the online calculators for base metabolic rate I got around 1605. When I went in to see a dietician yesterday, the test showed that I only burn 1430 kcal. Therefore, I commit to 500 kcal cardio burn 3-5 days a week and the above calories.
  • Angelic_Butterfly
    Options
    5'4" ; 17 years old
    98 lbs
    I ate between 150 and 500 kcal a day for months..
    I am a recovering anorexic and now I try to eat 1200 a day..
    I am a football player so I run for 30 minutes and do 30 minutes of leg lifts every day...
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    5'7" 27 years old and 146 lb

I am netting around 1500 - MFP has me set to 1430.

I was losing 2 pounds a week then started a new exercise regiment and stopped losing, but am still losing inches.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hey - I'm 5"4, weigh 120. I had a similar thing, started on 1200 cals, lost weight then had a looooooong plateau so I decided to do my calculation myself which you can see the results of here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/fromaquasar/view/going-geek-140951 (and actually in the following post I adjust slightly a week later.

This was about a month ago. First two weeks I just maintained, the next two weeks I have lost about a pound each week :)
  • amanda07425
    amanda07425 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Your BMR is what you would burn in a coma... the minute you get out of bed you burn more calories than your BMR. Your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is your BMR + your daily activity.

If you eat at your BMR + your exercise calories, you will LOSE weight.

then why do I say if I want to lose a lb a week, MFP sets me at 1420? Should I eat around 1600? i just NEED to kick this damn plateau!