INSANITY

Options
I JUST STRATED INSANITY IM ABOUT TWO WEEKS INTO IT AND THINK THAT IT IS THE BEST WORKOUT THERE IS...I TRIED P90X AND DON'T GET ME WRONG I LOVE IT BUT THE CALORIE BURN YOU FEEL WITH INSANITY JUST DOESN'T COMPARE. ITS NOT EASY AND ITS EXHAUSTING BUT I LOVE IT...SOON I WILL GET THE RESULTS THAT I WANT ANYBODY CAN DO IT IT JUST TAKES MENTAL STRENGTH AND THE WILL TO OBTAIN THE RESULTS....DIG DEEPER!!!!!

Replies

• fredd500
    fredd500 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    We hear you. No need to SHOUT! ;-)
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    WTG! My daughter is just starting month 2, tough workout!:smile:
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do INSANITY next month. I'm training for a half-marathon this month but can't wait to try it.

Let us know how it works out!
  • silversnare25
    silversnare25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It cracks me up because ShaunTs definition of "recovery" and mine are VERY different. lol. Love this workout! On week 3 now.
  • jbudge1
    jbudge1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Me and the wife are currently in week 7 and agree completely. I do P90x in the mornings and Insanity in the afternoon. Insanity is overall a much better workout....don't get me wrong P90x is great but I recommend Insanity over it. Just wait until you get to the MAX...you ain't seen nothing yet...hahahaha......The max is crazy hard. The Max Interval Circuit burns almost 1k calories per workout according to the HRM.
  • jbudge1
    jbudge1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I completed Insanity and I am currently doing a p90x and Insanity hybrid. While Insanity is my fav they are 2 different beasts. If you have a lot of weight to lose then Insanity is the beast for you (IMO). I am at my last 10lbs and looking to tone so i'm trying to do more p90x stuff. It's comparing oranges to apples. Both delicious fruits just not quite the same!

Enjoy Insanity it's really been great to me. My cardio and endurance have never been this good, not even when I was enlisted in the Army. Just remember to dig deep :)
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It cracks me up because ShaunTs definition of "recovery" and mine are VERY different. lol. Love this workout! On week 3 now.

haha I use to yell at him and say Recovery my a@@!!!
  • allie_girl
    Options
    I've been thinking about Insanity for a little while now - I am just not sure how I can handle an at home workout. I am not good at following tapes. Is it difficult to learn the moves? How much space do you need? Any advice would be great :)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about Insanity for a little while now - I am just not sure how I can handle an at home workout. I am not good at following tapes. Is it difficult to learn the moves? How much space do you need? Any advice would be great :)

The moves aren't complicated, you just need the stamina to get through them lol!! If you have enough room to do push ups that will suffice. I love working out at home, you just need to be motivated enough to keep pushing play!
  • Alex_castro
    Options

Not at all..its good becasue Shaun T really motivates you I dont know how he does it but he seems to time his motivation when you need it the most and it really helps. you should definetly try you wont be disappointed
  • Alex_castro
    Options
    I can't wait to get to to the Max...Another thing i like is that Shaun T really motivates....Tony Horton does too...only after a while he kinda gets anoying..lol...there were time that i did p90X on mute lmao....and as soon as im done with insanity im gonna jump in to Insanity "Asylum" has anyone tried that yet?
  • silversnare25
    silversnare25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    haha I use to yell at him and say Recovery my a@@!!!

Hahaha. my boyfriend laughs at me because i mock his little " come on guys, lets goooooo..." at the begining of the videos. lol Makes me feel better if I can atleast get a word in before he kicks my butt with the workout. :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

The moves aren't difficult at all. It's not choreography to follow, it's pretty much straight sport drills.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Insanity is an amazing workout! So is P90X. But they are completely different. The fun thing is mixing them together for one super workout! :wink:
  • JillianP00
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of Insanity too! It's such a crazy workout but I love it! Can't wait to finish it and see the final results =)
  • Alex_castro
    Options
    Insanity and any workout for that matter can be mastered its all about not giving up..if you got the will then you can do it...I keep hearing all this talk about Insanity/P90x hybrid workout...Im really considering it!!!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Insanity and any workout for that matter can be mastered its all about not giving up..if you got the will then you can do it...I keep hearing all this talk about Insanity/P90x hybrid workout...Im really considering it!!!

I am sorta doing one of those now. On Tues I do Plyo X and Asylum Overtime. Every Thursday I switch up it between YogaX and Asylum Speed and Agility and Sat I replaced Kenpo X with Asylum Gameday.

It really mixes things up and keeps them interesting. Plus it makes it a little more challenging
  • Alex_castro
    Options

I am sorta doing one of those now. On Tues I do Plyo X and Asylum Overtime. Every Thursday I switch up it between YogaX and Asylum Speed and Agility and Sat I replaced Kenpo X with Asylum Gameday.

It really mixes things up and keeps them interesting. Plus it makes it a little more challenging

Man that sounds like a wicked workout....how long have you been on that?
  • niicolemariies
    niicolemariies Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    YAY! Keep It up! I tried p90x last summer and Insanity this summer as well and I agree that the calorie burn just does not compare at all. I feel more productive with Insanity. Unfortunately I only completed the first 6 weeks until I got bored, but I plan on doing it again soon, in hopes to stick through the entire thing. Good luck! :)