I need help with my schedule!

Options
Wake-up - 6am
Leave house - 6:30am
Catch bus - 6:55am (also involves driving to the stop and waiting to make sure I don't miss it)
Work on bus for Job #2 7:00am - 8:00am (legal research)
Get to work - 8:10am
Leave work - 5pm
Work on bus for Job #2 5:10pm-6:20pm
Get home - 6:30pm
Job #3 - 6:30-8:30pm
Bed - 10pm

Weekends = 5 additional hours of work but I can manage to work-out these days too. Is only two days of exercise enough?
Somewhere in there I also need to prepare lunch for the next day and dinner for that night, clean the house and spend at least a couple minutes with my husband. Right now I am also walking two dogs everyday (which helps) and trying to make my cleaning sessions crazy intense :)

When am I supposed to exercise? Oh I'm not looking forward to the inevitable "wake up at 5am" advice :(

...actually this post may have just turned into more of a complaining session than an actual request for help, lol

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm not looking forward to the inevitable "wake up at 5am" advice :(

Sounds like you already know the answer...LOL. Good luck, I don't know what else to suggest :frown:

Maybe try to work something into your lunch hour, if you get enough time there?
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I keep resistant band at my desk, small weights and a peddler under my desk. I get a pretty good work out and stress relief during what would be time spent just sitting.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Geez, don't go and wake up early...I wouldn't. I don't work outside the home, but my fulltime job of stay at home mom has similar hours to you (6:30 am ish to 8:30 pm). I workout after the kids go to bed...usually sometime around 9 pm for 1/2 to 1 hour. Works for me. Maybe you could try that (you never said what you do between 8:30 and 10 pm).
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I keep resistant band at my desk, small weights and a peddler under my desk. I get a pretty good work out and stress relief during what would be time spent just sitting.

I like the idea of an under the desk peddler, even if it is not a whole lot of intense cardio at least I'll be burning more than sitting still
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    someone already said it but between 830-bedtime - squeeze in 30-45 min or an hour of exercise..... gotta do it - but I wouldn't get up earlier for it either if I was you.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    The only other things I know of would be to (if you have time) to walk around the block or something on your lunch or if you have stairs at work go up and down them a time or two on your lunch or breaks.....then the other idea instead of 5am workouts could you try to do 30 minutes or so after job two at 8:30 if you aren't too tired by then. Good luck and keep us all posted on how you are doing. We are all here cheering you on!!!!!

Bev
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Oooh...nine flights of stairs a couple times a day could work

The 8:30-10 at night time is when I'm doing the dog-walking/cleaning/cooking/husband time

So far it's all working ok...just not quite as much working out as I'd like but I'm also afraid of having no "sitting doing nothing" time to wind down (although I could do that at work too ha ha)
  • minimommy1
    minimommy1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    They have proven that you don't need to get the 30 minutes all at once but can do it cumalatively. So look for opportunities to get in a 5 - 10 min exercise sprint. For example take the stairs if possible . Parked by the curb for a break then step up and down on the curb for 5 - 10 min. Who cares what others think your getting in your exercise. Waiting for the bus by your car in the morning do push ups against the car---- walk around the car or the parking lot --- do squats next to the car.
    The bands are great because they can be stuffed into a purse or a back pack and you can do a few exercises yes even on a bus. You might get a few stares but then some of them may be thinking why didn't I think of that. Try to be creative. Look for the mini exercise opportunities.
    If you can buy a pedometer and track your steps. Aim to get 10,000 steps per day. Buy a ball to sit on at home when you are watching tv or on the computer it is great for the core. A mini trampoline is great for doing 5 - 10 min in front of the tv and then it just sits up on it's side out of the way. Do a 10 min routine in the morning and one at night then you just need 10 more min during the day.
    The main thing is to be creative and think outside the box. Hope this helps
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Oooh...nine flights of stairs a couple times a day could work

The 8:30-10 at night time is when I'm doing the dog-walking/cleaning/cooking/husband time

So far it's all working ok...just not quite as much working out as I'd like but I'm also afraid of having no "sitting doing nothing" time to wind down (although I could do that at work too ha ha)

There you go...plus its good to get up and away from your desk every so often (I think we all tend to get stuck sitting too long!).

You might just have to make the best of the time you do have (on weekends) for now till things settle down. Maybe circumstances will allow you to drop one of your 3 jobs eventually and have more personal time. Best of luck!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Wake-up - 6am
    Leave house - 6:30am
    Catch bus - 6:55am (also involves driving to the stop and waiting to make sure I don't miss it)
    Work on bus for Job #2 7:00am - 8:00am (legal research)
    Get to work - 8:10am
    Leave work - 5pm
    Work on bus for Job #2 5:10pm-6:20pm
    Get home - 6:30pm
    Job #3 - 6:30-8:30pm
    Bed - 10pm

Weekends = 5 additional hours of work but I can manage to work-out these days too. Is only two days of exercise enough?
    Somewhere in there I also need to prepare lunch for the next day and dinner for that night, clean the house and spend at least a couple minutes with my husband. Right now I am also walking two dogs everyday (which helps) and trying to make my cleaning sessions crazy intense :)

When am I supposed to exercise? Oh I'm not looking forward to the inevitable "wake up at 5am" advice :(

...actually this post may have just turned into more of a complaining session than an actual request for help, lol

Well, you already don't want to hear my workout advice, so I'll keep that to myself and just look at you like this: :smile:

As far as meals, you can make those over the weekend and prepackage them into single servings for grab and go meals. For sandwiches you can just keep a week's worth of fixin's in the fridge at work. Just about everything can be made and packaged in advance to take that burden off of yourself during the week. Even clothes planning can be done on the weekend just by laying them out or hanging them in daily order so that you don't have to think about it during the week.
  • FaugHorn
    Options

Well, you already don't want to hear my workout advice, so I'll keep that to myself and just look at you like this: :smile:

I just know that is what I'll inevitably need to do so I'm trying to get used to it. Was hoping for some lightening strike of idea that would keep me from it :laugh:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

I just know that is what I'll inevitably need to do so I'm trying to get used to it. Was hoping for some lightening strike of idea that would keep me from it :laugh:
    Dream about running?