p90x 90 day challenge October 1

Options

Replies

• ddoohaluk
    ddoohaluk Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ab Ripper X is included at the end of the strength dvds (shoulder/arms, chest/back, etc). Once the strenght portion of the workout ends, the Ab Ripper X just starts to play. So you should have the workouts on the dvds you already have.

Okay - a friend sent me a set of the DVD's, but it's missing Ab ripper. Do I need that to get started or since it's DVD #12 can I start now while I'm waiting for the other one to get shipped to me.
  • mdm3
    mdm3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OK first official 5K is done!!!! 27:03
    made my goal of under 30mins and finishing without walking!!! Sooo stoked right now....back to p90x tomorrow though!!!

Everyone is doing soo great, keep it up!!!

Congratulations!! Woo hoo! WTG! Kudos! Yippee!!
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I did my first round of Plyo today and I am shattered. I could not for the life of me do rockstar jumps. Oh well I tried my very best.

HA! I had to laugh at this because I always feel stupid doing the rock star jumps. It took me some time to get use to those. Keep doing it and you'll get it down LOL! Don't forget to laugh at yourself :laugh: and have fun with it! :happy:

I totally did laugh at myself. I love the cds because you can still laugh at the same time, and its not the same one over and over again. Today was biceps and abripper, and I added the cardio just because I was feeling lazy. I feel great.
  • lilyinlove
    Options
    Wow. Yoga X IS tough. The boy and I tried to get up early to get our workout in before work, but we were both just so sore/stiff. Everyone else sore?

I have that on the plan for tomorrow...gulps...:cry:
  • lilyinlove
    Options
    OK first official 5K is done!!!! 27:03
    made my goal of under 30mins and finishing without walking!!! Sooo stoked right now....back to p90x tomorrow though!!!

Everyone is doing soo great, keep it up!!!

That is absolutely brilliant!!! Fantastic:flowerforyou:
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Only 30 more mins till I get to go home and BRING IT!! :D
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Kenpo X is my favorite workout. I felt really uncoordinated the first time I did it but then I started doing in in front of a full length mirror so that I could see myself. This really helped me see what I was doing wrong and my form immediately improved.
    I also wanted to talk about Kenpo X for a minute. Many of you have either done the Kenpo X or have it coming up. I wanted to point out there is alot of punching, kicking and foot work involved. You may feel a little discouraged, ridiculous or uncoordinated the 1st few times you take on this exercise, but give it a few go around and you'll be punching and kicking like the pros. It really is a fun workout! :happy:
    Have a great evening all!

Great advice! Thanks! :)
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I started on Sept 28 so I would love to join this challenge. My goal is to do the strenght based dvds (shoulders/arms, chest back, etc), core, yoga , and stretching dvds as included in the program but supplement my own cardio through running, biking, and swimming. Being an ultrarunner and triathlete, I can't give up my s/b/r. I would also like to work in the plyo dvd a couple of times as while I will hate it, I know it will be good for me.

I am hoping that P90X will give me some of the upper body strength I need for mtn biking.

I hear yah! I am a runner too! I have keep running through all my rounds of Beachbody workouts. I'm telling you these workouts will definitely help with your running, biking and swimming. I feel so strong right now. I'm training for a marathon in Dec and my long runs seem to come so easy lately.
    You won't hate Plyo, it's a great workout and alot of fun! :)
    Welcome to the challenge. Kelly :flowerforyou:
  • Gemsmommy2010
    Options
    Hello guys ;) I just joined up with myfitnesspal today - but I started P90X (my first round) Sept 26th - so I'm roughly in line with the October challenge ;)

Would love to share in the community here and follow along with others journeys!

On a side note - for the discussion about Kenpo X - I hated it last week. It wasn't that the style bugged me - it's just that Gilad (from Bodies in Motion and other Fit TV programs) seems so much better at it than Tony. But - it is what it is and I'll keep pressing play on it even though so far it's one of my LEAST favorite videos!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!! And my first go at Kenpo X is tonight...so thanks for the advice!! I'm sure I will feel like an idiot doing it!!!
  • Steph1383
    Steph1383 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started p90x yesterday. We want to do it but will be out of town 2 days this week where we can't possible do it..but plan on walking/jogging instead. I really liked the Core workout we started with...we actually started on Monday, but mistakenly did a video that you don't do until phase 3 so we said forget it. Then I re-read the material and we started on the right spot, lol. Does anyone have an idea of how many calories you burn for each workout? I wanted to track my calories for exercise on here too but wasn't sure what to put down. We'll do our best to stick with it!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Did my Kenpo X tonight.....I liked it a lot but definately struggled to follow some of the moves...mainly the arm ones...oh, and the "Star Blocks" sequence??? Could not get that one at all!!!! haha...hopefully next time
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Hi It's Kelly AKA "CyclingDiva". I've been a member of MFP since 2008. When I chose CyclingDiva I really wanted RunningDiva, but it wasn't available so I went with CD. It just isn't a good fit for me anymore. Don't get me wrong I still LOVE my bike, but I really want a user name with my real name in it! What better than BeachBody Coach Kelly "BBCKelly72".
    I hope I don't confuse anybody and I hope won't get my butt Kenpo X right out of my own challenge LOL! :tongue:

Today was my run day! I got a 6 mile run in and my 3 mile walk tonight. Tomorrow is a short run day and Back & Legs X
    How is everybody else doing? Kelly :smile:
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Hello guys ;) I just joined up with myfitnesspal today - but I started P90X (my first round) Sept 26th - so I'm roughly in line with the October challenge ;)

Would love to share in the community here and follow along with others journeys!

On a side note - for the discussion about Kenpo X - I hated it last week. It wasn't that the style bugged me - it's just that Gilad (from Bodies in Motion and other Fit TV programs) seems so much better at it than Tony. But - it is what it is and I'll keep pressing play on it even though so far it's one of my LEAST favorite videos!

Hello and welcome! You will get use to Kenpo and end up loving it or at least have a love hate relationship with it! LOL!
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Wow. Yoga X IS tough. The boy and I tried to get up early to get our workout in before work, but we were both just so sore/stiff. Everyone else sore?

I have that on the plan for tomorrow...gulps...:cry:

Don't worry! It's just a little long! I struggle with the yoga because I don't feel it moves fast enough, but it really is a great workout and it's good for our bodies. That's what I keep telling myself HA! :wink:
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    I'm a bit late but I started round 2 today so I'm gonna hop on...bring it!

Welcome! Congrats on round 2...WOO HOO!!!! :D
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    hey im 3 days in with my roommates, and i was wondering what kind of resistance bands u used or weights. i bought a cheap pair from walmart but they dont say the resistance on them and for all my roommates its pretty easy. let me know if u have any suggestions.

For me I use 2 lb, 5 lbs, 8 lbs and10 lbs. Hubby and I are looking into buying a nice set of weights for our home and much heavier because he lifts alot heavier than me.
    As fas as the resistance bands. I use medium and heavy. I bought mine at Target awhile back. You can also buy the adjustable resistance bands. You can add or remove tubes to increase or decrease your resistance.
    Welcome to the challenge. Kelly :smile:
  • chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Did Plyo last night, great sweaty workout, Ps3 broke yesterday so had to resort to watching it on laptop with no sound and blasting some workout music. I actually kind of like this way better than to listen to the dvd music, gave me some extra energy.
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Did Plyo last night, great sweaty workout, Ps3 broke yesterday so had to resort to watching it on laptop with no sound and blasting some workout music. I actually kind of like this way better than to listen to the dvd music, gave me some extra energy.

GOOD JOB and way to BRING IT!!! NO EXCUSES!!! :D
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I've read that most people don't think Kenpo X is much of a workout. I think this is crazy talk!! Maybe it's just because I'm used to Turbo Fire or maybe it's just because I'm so sore, but omg. Ouch. :)

I am soooo ready for my day off tomorrow to recover!