Day 2 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred-Sore??

Options

Replies

• HelenKGordon
    Options
    On seeing all your posts, and previous posts about the 30 day shred I have just ordered myself a copy of the DVD from amazon. Should arrive in a couple of days, hope it works!!:smile:
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    On seeing all your posts, and previous posts about the 30 day shred I have just ordered myself a copy of the DVD from amazon. Should arrive in a couple of days, hope it works!!:smile:

Haha oh it will ;) I hope you love it!! I just downloaded her Ripped in 30 to start for November, her Yoga Meltdown, her Buns and Thighs, and her 6 pack in 6 weeks!!
  • HelenKGordon
    Options
    should be here tomorrow. Im really excited about it arriving now after all the good reviews. cant wait to see the results.
  • siabevis
    Options
    Oh its aweeeeeesome :)
  • Dancergrrl87
    Options
    I just bought it earlier this week and I'm going to try it out today. What have been you guys' results with it so far, weight/inches wise?
  • tiggerzshorty
    Options
    Do you wear shoes while doing the video? I'm thinking I should start this video.
  • siabevis
    Options
    Ive toned up a lot in just 4 days of it. My abs show better, Yes wear shoes
  • sisofhoo
    Options
    I think that shoes is all a matter of personal opinion. I don't wear shoes while doing it, personally.
  • ricanstace
    Options
    I finished day 5 yesterday, and I'm not as sore today. The first 2-3 days were the worst.
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Me too legs especially means we are working hard :)
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I must be the oddball because I haven't felt sore at all and I'm on Day 8 of Level 2.
  • prettyash76
    Options
    I'm on day 3 level 1. I love this dvd. I plan to finish all 30 days. I have noticed a difference after day 1. I plan to start ripped in 30 after the dvd. I am going to workout 30 days straight. 20 minutes with lots of results. Cant beat that!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I had to take a day's rest after my second day. I was just so ridiculously sore that I thought I'd throw up if I even attempted a jumping jack. Standing and sitting were awful, as was going up or down stairs! I took one day off then continued and the soreness was basically gone by about my fifth day.

edit: I am on day 21 (plus 4 days skipped) and I have lost a little over 6lbs so far. I actually gained during the first week. I'm not sure about inches but I do think I can see a difference. I also have some weird muscle definition going on in my lower forearms...not sure what to make of that!
  • ekball
    ekball Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have to ask....

Are the majority of you doing this daily? In addition to other exercise, or on its own? I run 4 days/week, but have the 30 day Shred DVD and want to start it. I'm just not sure how. Oh, I should have I am also in training for a 1/2 marathon on the 15th, so the running takes precedence right now. What's the recommendation? Every day? Every other day? I'll take any tips you have to give!

Thanks!
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm only doing it once per day (thanks for making me feel like a slacker!). After days 1 & 2 I waddled around the office, could not reach the floor to pick up what my cat knocked over, & *****ed every time I had to move. Yesterday I did day 3 & the soreness has dulled considerably-- I can touch the floor agin :)
  • siabevis
    Options
    I had to take a day's rest after my second day. I was just so ridiculously sore that I thought I'd throw up if I even attempted a jumping jack. Standing and sitting were awful, as was going up or down stairs! I took one day off then continued and the soreness was basically gone by about my fifth day.

edit: I am on day 21 (plus 4 days skipped) and I have lost a little over 6lbs so far. I actually gained during the first week. I'm not sure about inches but I do think I can see a difference. I also have some weird muscle definition going on in my lower forearms...not sure what to make of that!

I almost threw up too!
  • siabevis
    Options
    Have to ask....

Are the majority of you doing this daily? In addition to other exercise, or on its own? I run 4 days/week, but have the 30 day Shred DVD and want to start it. I'm just not sure how. Oh, I should have I am also in training for a 1/2 marathon on the 15th, so the running takes precedence right now. What's the recommendation? Every day? Every other day? I'll take any tips you have to give!

Thanks!

Im doing it two times a day :) Im getting some crazy awesome results!!!!!!!!
  • southerngirlspa
    Options
    The first time around I was so sore after day 1 that I couldn't even sit on the toilet. It took me about 4 days of the shred daily to not be sore anymore. (I did the shred every day straight, no rest days)
    Same here i had to hold the toilet walls to sit down, even walking hurt but day 4 and it got much better, have a long bath and get some deep heat and massage onto sore area's.

Same here when I started doing her kettlebell shred DVD : )
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I plan on purchasing this today. Now I'm scared :-) Soreness just means its working.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    OP, is that your photo in your picture? Amazing abs! I wouldn't think Jillian could make you sore at all, with those already!

I am on day 8 of the Shred, just started level 2. I am sore with the workouts at first, but get better fast. I wouldn't really do 2 in one day... I know you want to work out more, but is it possible to do more cardio? I already wonder if it's working muscles without enough recovery just doing it daily, I wouldn't do it twice a day-- at least, not long term. (Meaning how I read on here how important it is to work muscles, then let them recover, and THAT'S what builds muscles-- the really ripped people seem to agree on a day off in between). I do the Shred daily (unless life gets in the way), but it is lighter weights, so I think it's fine to do at least for some time. When I 'graduate' it, I'll probably stick with heavier weights (at my gym) less often.

Anyway, another person asked about other activities. I think it's fine to do with other stuff. I'm still keeping my old rutine, which was spinning a couple of times a week, and a lot of yoga. I also started jogging a few weeks before starting the shred, I think they are working well together, but I'm only week 4 on C25K, so no expert!