Life's New Journey October Challenge

Options

Replies

• LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Fall is a hard time for me winterizing the property and all. Deer season is upong us and I am trying to clear apples.
    My name is Kim and I am the mother of five beautiful children:) I have a tendency to pick up strays..LOL Grandmom of two. My goal is to reach 135 and maintain. I have High blood pressure and uncontrollable stress. My heightes weight was 178 but my heart says it need to be under 135. So I am on the journy to do so. Eat well, less sodium and keep my BP under 130/80 daily..

Have a great fit day. completed the mini challenge yesterday...Thanks
  • dondelahaye
    Options
    HI I WOULD LIKE TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE IF IS STILL OPEN
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    Hi. I wasn't able to check in to see the challenge yesterday. Computer problems. I like this daily challenges, though, and am looking forward to today.
    Linda
  • bluesstarz
    bluesstarz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to get rid of the snacks. I feel like snacking all the time especially when im sick. I'm gonna try to get some soup in today with vegetables and then maybe a salad for dinner.
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

I hope everybody at least gave yesterday's challenge an honest effort. I managed to get all of them done.

Thursday's Challenge.

Can't believe it is Thursday already!!!!!

Food - I find one of the hardest things to get close to set levels is protein so today I am challenging you to all eat your limit of protein. Pick a snack that is high in protein. Examples are yogurt, nuts, tuna on crackers, peanut butter with apple.
    Cardio - We are going to step it up a bit today and do 10 minutes of stairs. If you do not have stairs then I ask that you do high knee lifts instead. If going up the stairs single steps is too easy then try double steps.
    Strength - Let's go back to the dreaded belly and try to do 50 crunches of some sort. (regular, oblique, reverse etc)
    Emotional - The weather is a little dreary where I am today so it makes ones mood a little low. Today spend a few minutes and reflect on some happy, upbeat moments in your life. Mine will be thoughts of my two boys.
    Water - I keep forgetting to mention that we should be drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.

I hope everybody has a fabulous day. If you have any struggles or successes you want to share with us please feel free to add to the forum.

Keep smiling :smile: :laugh: :smile:

Donna
  • cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi all, this is the first chance I've had to introduce myself because I'm been travelling with work for a couple of days (which always makes eating healthily more difficult!). I'm British, 41 and married with 3 children, my youngest is just 4 weeks old so I have some major bags under my eyes at the moment! I've lost 9 pounds on MFP over the last month and want to lose another 40 pounds. Good luck to everyone and feel free to add me if you want.

p.s. Am I the only bloke in this challenge?!
  • LadyPersia
    Options
    I walked the bleachers today. Thanks for the Emo check. i like that. A balance of mind body and spirit.

Kim
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    Today's mini challenge went good for me - instead of stairs I did a half hour on the elliptical, but still worked the thighs! I did 50 crunches and 40 sit-ups (my first in a long time! oops!). I never had to deal with a little chub belly until the last year - all of the sudden this little pooch showed up...so I really need to work on abs more. I haven't had as much water today as I should but I haven't had dinner yet. Salad for lunch! Also salad for dinner, but I'm jone'sin for some leafy goodness :-) I actually gave up eating out with my boyfriend at our favorite restaurant for time on the elliptical....(he went with out me...!), and I'm a little proud of that. How did everyone else do!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Well, I failed with the food challenge, I think. I'm over on calories, especially fat, protein and sugar. It was hubby's birthday so we celebrated with cupcakes! Yummy!

Cardio - well, didn't see this until now so no stairs (I don't have any stairs in my house).

Strength - Did LOTS of abs in my workout today!!!

Emotion - Well, all I have to do is see my baby girl to be happy! :bigsmile:

Water - check! Always (well, almost) drink at least 8 glasses.

Oh, and Cragglecat - I can totally sympathize with the bags under the eyes! We are just getting our daughter (10 months old) to sleep thru the night now. It was rough there for a while! I didn't think I'd ever sleep again. :laugh:
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone TGIF!!

I hope everybody did alright with yesterday's challenge. We are coming to the end of the week and I am very surprised how fast the week went. For me it is Thanksgiving weekend here which means lots of extra food temptations, lots of visiting, and little exercise time. I will do my best.

Friday's Mini Challenge:

Food - the dreaded salt!!!! For most people the maximum amount of salt we should be consuming is 2500mg per day. If we eat out of a box or take out it does not take long to reach that number. My challenge today is to be aware of the salt that you are consuming. Try to not cook with salt at home and don't add at the table. Try some different spices.
    Cardio - let's try some interval training today. On your walk or work out today pick up the pace for 30 seconds every couple of minutes. This will get your heart rate up faster and burn more calories.
    Strength - the dreaded push ups. These are my absolute least favourite exercise and that is probably because I am not very good at them. Let's try to do 50 of some kind (regular, knee, wall, desk etc).
    Emotional - I know it may not be Thanksgiving for most of you but I want you to think about something that you are Thankful for. I am thankful for all my friends here. :wink:
    Water - of course drink at least 8 glasses of water. (if your salt consumption is higher, then it is a good idea to counteract that by drinking more water)

I hope everybody has a great day. I may not be around much on the weekend but that doesn't mean we forget our journey.

Keep smiling :smile: :wink: :smile:

Donna
  • heathermckillop
    heathermckillop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I always check too late to get the challenges :( may be the time difference. However I am keeping up with my calorie burn challenge :)
  • LadyPersia
    Options
    Busy weekend with our cousin getting married but I was able to take in a dress I wore six years ago almost two inches and my shoes (for the dress) were too big...WOOHOOOOO....
  • wendalin4
    wendalin4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How did everyone do last week? I actually lost!!! Even though i didn't stick to all the challenges...so that is my goal this week.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    Hi Wendalin! Congrats on your loss! I gained this week, but I think it was from the week before (mostly), if that makes any sense. I did some of the challenges, but not all of them. I am really motivated to do all the challenges this week and to lose some weight!.
    Linda
  • heathermckillop
    heathermckillop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I haven't lost this week :( really bummed me out. However, it's ye olde time of the month so i'm hoping this week will be slightly better! Good news is I haven't put any weight on :)

The darker mornings and nights have meant that I haven't always got out for my daily run. It's been raining a lot too and I don't really want to run in the rain as there's a lot of wet and soggy fallen leaves about. So, i've been finding other ways to exercise indoors, like marching on the spot whilst watching the tv :) this has worked well, and I can actually feel my stomach muscles toning up because of it.

How's everyone else doing?
    Heather
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    Sorry I have been MIA this weekend and this is just a quick note to remind everybody to post to the spread sheet. Enter in the column for week 2 weight and if you want to enter in the grey boxes please do. I will have the winners posted hopefully tomorrow. I will start up with the mini challenges again tomorrow. Just want to throw out there whether everybody is thinking the challenges are too easy, too hard or what???. Let me know, If there is a specific thing you are looking for please let me know that too. Have a great Monday ( I am going for more turkey). See you all tomorrow.

Donna
  • bluesstarz
    bluesstarz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Any advice on how to cut out snacks? I guess I shouldn't buy them maybe. That seems to be my biggest downfall and i haven't been getting in my water. :-(
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone. It looks like there are still a few people that need to enter their weight on the spread sheet. Congratulations to everybody that had a loss and for those of you that didn't it is time to step it up (me included).

Tuesday"s Mini Challenge

Food: Many people are struggling with snacks. One of the most important things at the early stages of our journey is to not have access to the trigger foods. Make sure you have lots of healthy snacks within easy reach. I try to make sure that my snacks are not over 100 calories and I snack often. I eat about every 3 hours and never after 7 at night. So my challenge to you is to chose healthy snacks that are under 100 calories today. Examples might be cut up vegetables, yogurt, fibre 1 (100 calorie) bars, piece of fruit, peanut butter on crackers,
    Cardio: Go for a 30 minute brisk pace walk during your lunch break and enjoy the limited nice weather. Make sure to move fast enough to get your heart rate up.
    Strength: Lunges with Biceps Curls. Lets shoot for 100 total (50 each leg) This is a full body challenge. It works your core, legs, and arms in one burning motion! You can do them with any weight you want…hand weights, soup cans, bottles of water, or milk jugs. You can break them up throughout the day or do them all at once…You have until midnight to get them done. If you can't do 100, then do what you can. Remember to push yourself -- This is a challenge, so challenge your body!!! Report back when you are done and let us know how you did. Make sure you stretch and have fun doing them.
    Here is a video in case you don’t know how to do them:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz-7S6KZa60
    Emotional: Take some time to reflect on what you did last week that either worked or didn't work. Whether it be something you ate, exercise you did or didn't do or maybe just how you were feeling. This journey is accomplished by making permanent changes in our lives. Decide today what changes you need to make and make at least one of those changes for good.

Hope you have a great day and keep smiling :smile: :wink: :smile:
    Donna
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Helloooooo!!! Where did everybody go????? I feel like I am talking to myself.....

The Week 1 Winners List is::: (drumroll please)

ColoradoRobin -1.71% -3.00lbs
    nin15 -1.63% -2.40lbs
    ladypersia -1.41% -2.00lbs
    cragglecat -1.12% -2.50lbs
    tammihart -1.02% -2.00lbs

Congratulations to everybody.

Wednesday Mini Challenge:

Food: Eat below your calorie limit
    Cardio: Do 10 sets of 10 jumping jacks
    Strength: Do 100 crunches
    Emotional: Love yourself because you are worth it.

Hope you all have a great day!

Donna
  • LadyPersia
    Options
    It has been a very busy two weeks. Luv thank you for all your hard work and that chart is awesome!!!