Frozen Banana Cream

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
1 Serving

This is an old restaurant trick that has been around for years. Use this delightfully simple "sorbet" wherever you would use ice cream. Try it sprinkled with chopped nuts, or on a bed of pureed raspberries or strawberries.

Ingredients:
1 very ripe banana

Instructions:
Peel the banana and cut it into chunks. Put the chunks, uncovered, on a plate in the freezer, and freeze for at least an hour. (They can stay overnight.) When you're ready to serve, take out the banana and put the frozen pieces in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the container as needed. As the bananas thaw slightly, the texture will become smooth and creamy.

Nutritional Information:

Per serving:
92 calories
0 g total fat (0 g sat)
0 mg cholesterol
23 g carbohydrate
1 g protein
2 g fiber
1 mg sodium

Replies

• icandoit
    Options
    1 Serving

This is an old restaurant trick that has been around for years. Use this delightfully simple "sorbet" wherever you would use ice cream. Try it sprinkled with chopped nuts, or on a bed of pureed raspberries or strawberries.

Ingredients:
    1 very ripe banana

Instructions:
    Peel the banana and cut it into chunks. Put the chunks, uncovered, on a plate in the freezer, and freeze for at least an hour. (They can stay overnight.) When you're ready to serve, take out the banana and put the frozen pieces in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the container as needed. As the bananas thaw slightly, the texture will become smooth and creamy.

Nutritional Information:

Per serving:
    92 calories
    0 g total fat (0 g sat)
    0 mg cholesterol
    23 g carbohydrate
    1 g protein
    2 g fiber
    1 mg sodium
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Boy, the topic sure caught my attention!

Yes, frozen bananas are wonderful!

I remember when I was a kid, my mom would dip them in chocolate and freeze them. So, so, so good!
  • burnett50
    Options
    That sounds fantastic, thanks I plan to try it tonight!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy.
    I'll be making this for myself next time the family want their shakes.
    Thanks Renee.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    Options
    You are welcome:flowerforyou: