What does 287g of fries look like?

Options
ahadj
ahadj Posts: 257 Member
So one of my favorite splurges is duck fat fries (they are fried in duck fat and tossed in all kinds of amazing herbs)! I know - terrible for you - but they are soooo yummy, and I only have them once in a blue moon! My problem is that the only entry in the database for duck fat fries is 436 calories for 287 grams. But since I have NO IDEA what 287 grams of french fries looks like, this doesn't help me at all. Can anyone help me out? Any sort of visual reference that I could use, or maybe the equivalent in cups? Anything would help... thanks!

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    So one of my favorite splurges is duck fat fries (they are fried in duck fat and tossed in all kinds of amazing herbs)! I know - terrible for you - but they are soooo yummy, and I only have them once in a blue moon! My problem is that the only entry in the database for duck fat fries is 436 calories for 287 grams. But since I have NO IDEA what 287 grams of french fries looks like, this doesn't help me at all. Can anyone help me out? Any sort of visual reference that I could use, or maybe the equivalent in cups? Anything would help... thanks!
    287 grammes is 10 ounces (if that is any help)
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Its .63 of a pound I dont have a picture but maybe look up how much a fry at a fast food restaurant weighs?
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    over a half lb...........and holy *kitten*, duck fat fries are the *kitten*!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds large french fries = 154 grams

if that helps lol
  • shtaylor
    Options
    There are 28.3495231 grams per punce. Or just round off to 28 grams.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Its .63 of a pound I dont have a picture but maybe look up how much a fry at a fast food restaurant weighs?
    Agree with this! Check out a fast food restaurant website. They usually have their servings in grams.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    1.248 cups

google grams to cups
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    McDonald's large fries is 154 g.

Edit: someone beat me to it :)
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    mc donalds large fries

Large French
    Fries
    5.4 oz
    (154 g)
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    30 grams = an ouce. think of a baby bottle
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    A food scale is a great tool. Mine will measure in grams and ounces. Not to expensive either.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    A food scale is a great tool. Mine will measure in grams and ounces. Not to expensive either.

I'm genuinely curious - do you bring the food scale out to restaurants? I have a food scale and I love it to death, but I don't know if I'd have the guts to bust it out in public at a restaurant. If you do, do you just act like it's no big deal, or do you try to do it furtively, behind your coat or something?

ETA: I just realized maybe you suggested the food scale to use if she brings the fries home. That would work. And probably be easier than taking the scale out with you, hehe.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options

I'm genuinely curious - do you bring the food scale out to restaurants? I have a food scale and I love it to death, but I don't know if I'd have the guts to bust it out in public at a restaurant. If you do, do you just act like it's no big deal, or do you try to do it furtively, behind your coat or something?

ETA: I just realized maybe you suggested the food scale to use if she brings the fries home. That would work. And probably be easier than taking the scale out with you, hehe.

Hahaha! Thanks Steph! Yeah, I was thinking the same thing -- do they want me to bring the food scale to the restaurant!? But then realized they probably thought I'd be making the fries at home. In which case, yes, I'd obviously measure on my food scale.