iPhone 4 or HTC Inspire 4G?

Options
mandimoore617
mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
My upgrade is coming up and I have AT&T. I know they have the new iPhone coming out soon, but I won't be able to afford it. My budget is right at $100. I am stuck between two phones... either the iPhone 4 or the HTC Inspire 4G. Both are in my budget with the contract renewal. I have an iPhone and I like it, but I was wondering if anyone here has gone from the iOS to the Android OS? Or has anyone switched from an Android phone to the iOS? Which do you like better? I know I like my iPhone, but there are some features I think I'd enjoy with the Android OS. Just looking for some input from others who have used both. Or if you've only used one, feel free to give me your input too. LOL

Replies

• Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have the 4 and my friend has an android, he is thinking of switching to the iPhone because he likes how the apps seem to work better on the iPhone, the quality of the apps, support for apps. He said there are a lot of fly by night apps where they run crappy or there is no support. He does like how Andriod has free apps. Apple is releasing iOS 5 soon and that is suppose to have a lot of improvements, so you may want to see if iOS 5 will address some of the features you are looking for. I thought about switching to an android model, but decided I'm pretty happy with the iPhone, I have an iPad too and am getting used to using these both, not looing to change. Good luck and I don't think you can go wrong with either.
  • samiott
    samiott Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am trying to make the same decision. which one did you choose?
  • troy_n
    troy_n Posts: 66
    Options
    i phone if you want the best!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    iPhone! They are awesome and you'll be able to upgrade your phone on the computer once the new one comes out.

I love my iPhone.
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    iPhone 4s =)
  • jobster68
    jobster68 Posts: 145
    Options
    Sorry to throw another spanner in your works but the Samsung Galaxy SII is absolutely fabulous!
  • mandimoore617
    Options
    I have til January to decide... For those of you on AT&T, is it true that you can upgrade to a phone and if you don't like it, you can exchange it for a different phone within 30 days? This might be a good way for me to try out an Android OS phone...
  • mandimoore617
    Options
    Sorry to throw another spanner in your works but the Samsung Galaxy SII is absolutely fabulous!

I don't care for Samsung phones... Had a bad experience once and have steered clear of them since. :-(
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    iPhone if you want something that just works without any customization.

Android if you want to be able to choose for yourself how your phone looks/acts/feels.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I like my iPhone, but I think I like my husband's HTC even more...
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I've had a Blackberry, Android, and iPhone. Hands down, the iPhone is my favorite.
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Android is for those that want to have full control of their device, and can do their own support when there are issues.

iPhone is for those that want a user friendly experience, but do not care about having total control of the device.

If I'm making a recommendation for my parents, my mom gets an iPhone, my dad gets an Android.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I will say I had an iPhone 3GS for over two years without ANY issues. I also still use it as a mini iPad/giant iPod. I switched to Tmobile due to being cheaper and picked up a Sidekick 4G which is Android. I thought I wouldn't find it much better to the iPhone but I really enjoy it. That phone specifically is built really well, long battery life, it's solid so I'm not afraid I'll break it and the OS runs smoothly. I have enjoyed the choice of Apps or whatever on the App store and you can download the Amazon store and get more from there as well. I seriously think you have the best of both worlds right now as they are both really good. iPhone is super solid by itself and Android has variety/less restrictions to benefit from so it really depends on your preferences. I will also say that I'm really enjoying going back to a solid button keyboard over a touch screen. The iPhone touch screen works great but Damn Autocorrect lol. It's really hard to say which is better because both have a lot of positives. I would go with what you really feel pulled towards.

Good luck.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have the HTC Inspire 4G! Fuxsin awesome!!!!