Head-Tilting Surnames

Options

Replies

• lilrahme
    lilrahme Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's not so much the spelling of it, but how people pronounce it, but i've worked with someone with a last name of "Reuter" I get a lot of 'Rooter" but is pronounce "Royta"

Definately funner hearing people asking for her by full name and getting it wrong
  • looklikeaskeleton
    Options
    well, my last name is Emo.
    a lot of people dont believe me when i tell them... buuut its true :) haha
  • kenyabloodstone
    Options
    I knew a kid in school whose last name was Dix which wasn't so bad except his parents names were Harry Dix and Sandy Dix and they named him Holden Dix
  • JizWiz
    JizWiz Posts: 57
    Options
    One of my best friends Mel "Butts"
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I knew a kid in school whose last name was Dix which wasn't so bad except his parents names were Harry Dix and Sandy Dix and they named him Holden Dix

:laugh: :laugh:

We had a teacher in high school named Mrs D!ckhut. The chuckles were constant. And a college professor with the last name of Cox.

I worked in a call center and we had a client named Batman. Now, mind you, this was in the financial industry, so there was red tape to setting up these accounts, so there had to have been some form of legal documentation showing this person's real name was Batman, unless their broker was shady, which wouldn't surprise me.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My ex's sister went from being Jeanie Smith to Jeanie Jones! Yea right.... Like anyone's gonna believe her!
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    When I was in the Navy, years ago, there was a reservist that came aboard for his two weeks of training and his last name was "Stanes", ok doesn't sound so bad right? But considering his rank was a Seaman we could not help but call him over the intercom system several times a day... "Seaman Stanes, please come to the bridge", "Seaman Stanes, report to your quarters". Kind of lame now thinking about it but I remember laughing so hard I had tears at the time.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Dr Richard Head (neurosurgeon)... and yes he introduced himself as Dr. **** ...

The worst last name I have ever seen was D!ckmaster :)
  • kiwipearls
    Options
    My mother had a boyfriend with the last name - Hiscock
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    Stan Di**off - BWAHAHAHA....nice guy, sucky name.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Dr. Payne and Dr. Pepper.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    bump for a laugh later! TOO funny!! :)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Not dirty but had a teacher named Mary Christmas and an ob/gyn named Dr Triplett.

My last name isnt dirty either but got me teased a lot. grumble
  • Beaukitty
    Beaukitty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Went to school with a girl who had the last name "Nipple"...poor girl was called to office nearly every morning...

Also, (this one isn't dirty, but...) I get to have the last name of Cluck. When my sister got married she became Cluck-Farmer...luck of the draw I guess. :tongue:
  • Sassi50
    Sassi50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My son had a teacher named Mr Twocock!!!!
  • eliz0703
    Options
    Full name: Curley Buggs. Seriously?!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I know a doctor with the last name Death. I know a GYN with the last name Fister. I saw a man with the name Suk Dong.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in high school with the last name Grewcock, her husband's last name is Kruger.

We had a principal in my district whose name is Richard Seaman
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in high school with the last name Grewcock, her husband's last name is Kruger.

We had a principal in my district whose name is Richard Seaman

That reminds me, we had a Agribusiness teach (yes hick town) named DeCock. Hist first name was Fran.
  • Tbarr3000
    Options
    Working in call centers I have seen some good ones. God Shamgod, Tran Phuk, Lesbian Love, and Steady Reconciliation of the Heart to name a few. The last two are real. We received legal documents from them to show it was their real name.