It's October!! Bring on the Horror Movie Fest!!

Options
jogdog
jogdog Posts: 89 Member
I absolutely love October. Cooler weather, Halloween, Oktober Fest, and my favorite...Horror Movies!!!

We're 6 days into October and I have sadly not watched any scary movies yet. I usually try to watch a couple every weekend and look forward to any that show on TV, but I have Netflix now so I can watch as many scary movies as possible! I have a list of favorites types within the horror genre, i.e. paranormal, psychological, ghost story, hauntings, exorcisms, and I can keep going, but I will stop it there. I'm not big on the bloody, gory ones, but I still try to find good ones every now and then.

Anybody have any suggestions or some favorites they wish to share or have some really scary ones I should check out?

Thanks ahead of time!

Oh! Here are some of my favorites in no particular order:
BOO, Rosemary's Baby, Amityville Horror (original), Pet Semetary, Omen (original), Session 9, The Fog (original), Urban Legends, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hellraiser, The Exorcist, The Shining, Ju-On, Ringu, Poltergeist, etc.

Replies

• kkova811
    kkova811 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Its not a movie, but Bravo has a special it usually shows, the 100 Scariest Movie Moments. Its clips, interviews etc, like a 5 hour show. Its so good though! They did a follow up like, 30 Scarier Moments and its not as good, but I love to watch them both!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I don't really have scary movies (I think they're dumb), but here are some festive ones to get you in the mood

Corpse Bride
    Sweeny Todd
    Monster House
    Harry Potter
    The Village
    Young Frankenstein
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Love to be scared by Pet Cemetery, Salem's Lot, The Shining, Shaun of the Dead! Boo :bigsmile:
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I LOVE horror movies, and have netflix as well.
    Here is a short list of some movies off the top of my mind.
    I believe they are all on netflix.

American Psycho
    Dawn Of The Dead
    Aaah! Zombies
    Return Of The Living Dead
    Idle Hands
    Demon Knight
    Carriers
    Zombies Zombies Zombies
    Diary Of the Dead
    Survival Of The Dead
    Night Of The Demons
    The Devils Rejects
    The Traveller
    Silver Bullet
    See No Evil
    Wizard Of Gore
    Simon Says
    Christine
    Leprechaun
    Blood Feast
    Psycho
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Oh just thought of another one
    Vampires Suck
    way funny, esp if you're a Twilight fan.