Lost a niece or nephew and heart broken!

GreatSetOfBrains
GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
I take my sister to lunch today. During lunch I tell her how strong she is and how proud I am of her. She has tears in her eyes. "Don't be afraid to cry little sister." I pull a box from my purse. It's a necklace I bought for her. I was going to give her this " shoe" to add to her first one when her baby was born. ( for those of you who have seen the baby shoes with s birthstone on a necklace, that's what I'm talking about) She stands up in the resturant and comes and sits on my side of the booth. She asks,"Does my baby know I loved him or her?" I tell her she'd be crazy to think otherwise. I ask her to let me show her something. We drive to a spot at the lake. My whole family is there with pink,blue, and yellow balloons. My youngest sister hands her a white one," I think baby Angels like balloons too." We did a balloon release and planted s white rose bush in memory of baby. My sister pulled me aside and told me," I pray someday I can be like you. . ." crazy thing is. . I look up to her! Rest in peace baby, we love you!

Replies

• jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 391 Member
    Wow this has me in tears, I have had 2 miscarriages its so hard i feel for your sister and your family!! Praying for you!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    As i sit here, tears running down my face, I cry for your loss and how heart touching the love of your family is towards each other but I cry for my own loss as well. I had a miscarriage (2nd Pregnancy) and it lead to never being able to give my daughter a sibling.
    Sometimes its good to cry when others cry.. I sympathize and please accept my condolences! :cry:
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    So sorry to hear of your sister's loss, my thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. Your family sounds awesome. Take care.
  • :heart: Beautiful! You are a good sister. I've had one too and I wish I had the support that your family gave her.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of this precious baby.

And thank you to you and your family for acknowledging this new little person, it will be much easier for your sister to come to terms with the loss when she knows the grief is shared and the baby's humanity acknowledged.

For everyone reading this who has never lost a baby (at any stage of a pregnancy) please don't ever say "don't worry, you'll have another one" or " oh there must have been something wrong with it, it's better this way" or anything similar to a grieving person. If you want to say something, I highly recommend "I'm so sorry you lost your baby".
  • momlet2
    momlet2 Posts: 8 Member
    Prayers to all of you!
  • I'm so sorry for the loss in your family. I've stood by my sister that lost 2. I really wish we had been able to do something like what your family did for your sister. I know the support you all have given her means so much to her. My sister found peace through a website she found called "Names In the Sand". Its for anyone who has lost a child, born or unborn. I urge any one who has gone through this, or loves someone who has, to check out the sight. It is beautiful and amazing. My heart goes out to you and your sister and family. ♥

Here is the link: http://namesinthesand.blogspot.com/
  • Mygypsysoul
    Mygypsysoul Posts: 113 Member
    I am so so so sorry. I went through that in July and it still hurts. I'm glad that your sister has someone like you in her life and such a supportive family. That's what she needs right now. Love and support. I'll be thinking about you guys as you go through this difficult time in your lives.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    I am so very sorry for her loss. I must say you are an awesome sister and what a loving family. Your story brought tears to my eyes.:cry:
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Thank you For support. I feel for the families and I can't imagine what mothers and fathers who lose a child feel. You are all jn my prayers. I pray for health and happiness for you all.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. :frown: :brokenheart: