Example of a healthy diet???

Options
2»

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Hello. I replied to your previous two attempts. Sorry, but there are rules you must abide by. Come back in three years!

You are very mean.
    It is better to teach people healthy habits while they are young.
    Any doctor will tell you that.
    And this isnt just a site for people to loose weight.
    It is also a site for them to gain weight,
    or maintain there weight at a healthy level.

She's not mean. She's absolutely justified in her response. The rules are clear that you have to be 18 to be here. lol

You are also correct that healthy habits are better learned in youth, but they need to be taught by parents, doctors, and health teachers and not by a bunch of "adults" on a website who rarely even agree with each other about simple things.

but that is exactly the point. when i was her age i had no guidance from my family.
    My mum is obese and she believed in feeding me massive portions and would yell at me if i didnt eat all of my plate, forcing an unhealthy view upon me when it came to food.
    While my dad gave me small portions, but it was just junk because bless him he cant cook at all.
    And all of these things resulted in me eating 1,000s of calories worth of fast food everyday.
    and if i had of been taught the healthy way to eat when i was her age then i wouldnt be in the state that i am in now.
    And i have to say honestly my parents thought that they where making me eat healthily.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody, for keeping things legit, here, and for reporting this underage user.

The user has deleted her account.

We're working on a tool that will allow us to deliver a specific message to underage users when they try to log in, after we've determined they're underage and have deleted their account. The message will include an invitation to return once they're 18, andthe following link, which I encourage you to point out to underage users the next time you see one. It's a link to information on weight management for youth, at the nutrition.gov site

http://www.nutrition.gov/nal_display/index.php?info_center=11&tax_level=2&tax_subject=390&topic_id=1744&placement_default=0

Have a great evening,
    Steven

She has made another account and posted the same question again
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hello. I replied to your previous two attempts. Sorry, but there are rules you must abide by. Come back in three years!

You are very mean.

She's not mean. She's absolutely justified in her response. The rules are clear that you have to be 18 to be here. lol

You are also correct that healthy habits are better learned in youth, but they need to be taught by parents, doctors, and health teachers and not by a bunch of "adults" on a website who rarely even agree with each other about simple things.

but that is exactly the point. when i was her age i had no guidance from my family.
    My mum is obese and she believed in feeding me massive portions and would yell at me if i didnt eat all of my plate, forcing an unhealthy view upon me when it came to food.
    While my dad gave me small portions, but it was just junk because bless him he cant cook at all.
    And all of these things resulted in me eating 1,000s of calories worth of fast food everyday.
    and if i had of been taught the healthy way to eat when i was her age then i wouldnt be in the state that i am in now.
    And i have to say honestly my parents thought that they where making me eat healthily.

You also need to realise that MyFitnessPal can face serious legal issues if someone they know is a legal minor is allowed to use the site, that minor receives bad advice, and any harm of any kind is caused.
  • Helice
    Options

You are very mean.

You also need to realise that MyFitnessPal can face serious legal issues if someone they know is a legal minor is allowed to use the site, that minor receives bad advice, and any harm of any kind is caused.

Okay okay.
    I just like helping people.
    And its obviouse from how many times this girl has posted that she needs help.
    Sorry wont in future.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Okay okay.
    Sorry wont in future.

I like helping people to. It's my passion, and it kills me that I couldn't help her, but there's no legit way to do that here, and I know how much trouble can be caused by even advising a minor without parent/guardian consent on matters that involve their health. It's a legal nightmare.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    It's too bad that by legal standards there's an age limit for health, diet and nutrition sites because it's better if we can get teens to eat right and exercise before they become overweight adults.
  • Helice
    Options
    Okay okay.
    Sorry wont in future.

I like helping people to. It's my passion, and it kills me that I couldn't help her, but there's no legit way to do that here, and I know how much trouble can be caused by even advising a minor without parent/guardian consent on matters that involve their health. It's a legal nightmare.

Its just theres so many ages in different countries that things become legal, its just hard for me to see things like this working.
    I mean i know she is not 16 yet.
    But in my country at 16 you can join the army and get killed.
    You can legally have sex and get hundreds of diseases and have kids.
    You can smoke and drink. But you cannot buy the cigarettes or alcohol. But if u drink / smoke infront of a cop they dont care..
    But its like you can do all of these things at 16, but u cant get advice on how to eat healthy.
    You can have kids. But u can use an app to count your calories..
    And im pretty sure this site is based in america, where most laws are 18.
    But she could live in i dont know the like desert countries where you can buy cigarettes at 13..
    It just frustrates me the way the law works like this.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Its just theres so many ages in different countries that things become legal, its just hard for me to see things like this working.
    You can smoke and drink. But you cannot buy the cigarettes or alcohol. But if u drink / smoke infront of a cop they dont care..
    But its like you can do all of these things at 16, but u cant get advice on how to eat healthy.
    But she could live in i dont know the like desert countries where you can buy cigarettes at 13..

If you want to discuss the legalities of it.

Read the terms of use of the website. You will see that it is a contract.
    1. AGREEMENT

These Terms of Use (the “Agreement”) constitute a legally binding agreement by and between MyFitnessPal, LLC (hereinafter, “MyFitnessPal”) and you (“You” or “Your”) concerning Your use of MyFitnessPal’s website located at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ (the “Website”) and the services available through the Website (the “Services”). By using the Website and Services, You represent and warrant that You have read and understand, and agree to be bound by, this Agreement and MyFitnessPal’s Privacy Policy, which is incorporated herein by reference and made part of this Agreement. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT OR THE PRIVACY POLICY, OR DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY IT OR THE PRIVACY POLICY, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE WEBSITE AND REFRAIN FROM USING THE SERVICES.

The basis for the age requirement is simple. The age under Contract Law in almost all Common Law jurisdictions that a person may enter into a contract is 18.

That is just one legal aspect of it.

The other aspect of it is that the nutritional requirements for a 15 year old is much different from an adult. Any advice given on these forums to an under-age user by well intentioned people could potentially be harmful to their health.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

Okay okay.
    Sorry wont in future.

Or she's a 15 year old who is curious and thinks she's smarter than the rules. The first time may have been an honest question and subsequent posts were just a challenge.

Not everyone is in danger and desperately needs our help. Spend enough time here and you know some people ask the same thing over and over just because they're annoying and like to post a lot but lack the creativity to come up with different questions.

Let's keep our heads about us.
  • Kissxx
    Kissxx Posts: 99
    Options
    That is a sad reality that we have to obey the rules due to the legality of it. I am 22 years old now and I gained the weight that I am trying to lose now throughout those teen years because I didnt know any better and thought that I just need to not eat and exercise for hours to lose weight which obviously backfired. They'll however find someone else to answer their questions and it might be a horrible one like starvation diets and diet pills. The education system regarding health and fitness needs great improvement in this country.

I hope this girl gets the help she needs. Hopefully by a professional that know the basics of proper nutrition.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    4. ELIGIBILITY

BY USING THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement is void where prohibited.

Give it up. We can't help you. Giving such advice to a minor is irresponsible and reckless, and yes, even illegal in some places. So yeah, that's why the "Terms" have the "eligibility" clause. Good luck.

By the way, changing your age to show "18" doesn't mean that MFP doesn't remember you. lol And if you start a new account using the same computer they know it's you because of your IP address.

Consult your parents and your doctor. You cannot really be helped here.

theres lots of ways to change your IP address.....
  • countinonme
    Options
    This person has already deactivated their account. No need to post anything else

Poor girl. Can't say that I blame her. :-(

CAN'T EITHER!! People can and should behave themselves in a respectful manner. This includes 15 year olds. Rules are to be respected, and so are people.
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options

1. AGREEMENT

These Terms of Use (the “Agreement”) constitute a legally binding agreement by and between MyFitnessPal, LLC (hereinafter, “MyFitnessPal”) and you (“You” or “Your”) concerning Your use of MyFitnessPal’s website located at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ (the “Website”) and the services available through the Website (the “Services”). By using the Website and Services, You represent and warrant that You have read and understand, and agree to be bound by, this Agreement and MyFitnessPal’s Privacy Policy, which is incorporated herein by reference and made part of this Agreement. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT OR THE PRIVACY POLICY, OR DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY IT OR THE PRIVACY POLICY, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE WEBSITE AND REFRAIN FROM USING THE SERVICES.

The basis for the age requirement is simple. The age under Contract Law in almost all Common Law jurisdictions that a person may enter into a contract is 18.

The other aspect of it is that the nutritional requirements for a 15 year old is much different from an adult. Any advice given on these forums to an under-age user by well intentioned people could potentially be harmful to their health.

That's why it also has the provision"void where prohibited" because not all countries may recognize, legally, the legitimacy of this agreement, due to varying age limits in their respective countries. I didn't see all the earlier posts, nor do I care to. I heard from a reliable source that it got kinda ugly.
    There is no reason to be mean, or bash on someone that is trying to find help. We are supposed to be here for support for each other. The best thing anyone could do was to report her for being underage and let it go at that.
  • countinonme
    Options
    [Wow a decent solution! What a freshing change!!!! Thanks, Alien!!!!!
    quote]

1. AGREEMENT

That's why it also has the provision"void where prohibited" because not all countries may recognize, legally, the legitimacy of this agreement, due to varying age limits in their respective countries. I didn't see all the earlier posts, nor do I care to. I heard from a reliable source that it got kinda ugly.
    There is no reason to be mean, or bash on someone that is trying to find help. We are supposed to be here for support for each other. The best thing anyone could do was to report her for being underage and let it go at that.
    [/quote]
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    4. ELIGIBILITY

BY USING THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement is void where prohibited.

Give it up. We can't help you. Giving such advice to a minor is irresponsible and reckless, and yes, even illegal in some places. So yeah, that's why the "Terms" have the "eligibility" clause. Good luck.

By the way, changing your age to show "18" doesn't mean that MFP doesn't remember you. lol And if you start a new account using the same computer they know it's you because of your IP address.

Just so you know.... your IP adress changes frequently unless you have a static IP- which would generally only be used by business or people with a need to login remotely. So... No, MFP would not know if this person created a new account.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    4. ELIGIBILITY

Just so you know.... your IP adress changes frequently unless you have a static IP- which would generally only be used by business or people with a need to login remotely. So... No, MFP would not know if this person created a new account.

Then explain how they know when someone with a banned account creates a new one.
    This happened relatively recently. Someone was banned. He made a new account. It was banned almost immediately - without him posting on the forums or anything like that.

While you may be correct concerning static IPs, they still have ways of knowing.
  • blcooper4
    blcooper4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't be sad... I found your post helpful!