What type of music motivates you the most?

Options
Ello, was just wondering what type of music people prefer to listen to when working out???

Pop?
Country?
Rock?
Classical?
Punk?
Industrial?
Alternative?

Im probaly leaving out some, so feel free to add what ever type you like to listen to.

I prefer hard angry rock:devil: , usually the harder the more motivated I get.

\m/

Replies

• PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Metal and I think it's called melodeath metal (Silent Descent, Blood Stain Child)
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Have to admit, I'm a huge fan of the pop and rock songs made extra beaty (totally a word) in the les mills versions. Love it!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Classical & opera.....and games soundtracks for me! I love running to Assassin's Creed or to Pavarotti etc. :bigsmile:
  • cloesdiary
    cloesdiary Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yep, my ipod consists of various types of Rock and punk music.... perfect for working out : )
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Very nerdy, but when I started back up running (if that's what I can call it) I always listened to U.S. Navy Seal cadences.
    Also: alternative, punk, rap,hip-hop.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I have a playlist called "Upbeat" which I am constantly editing for correct tempo and mood. I refuse to remove songs like Golden Brown and Take Me Out despite having 6/8 time in some or all of the song, more suited to waltzing than running.

For longer steady state runs, I favour a podcast (Radio 4 Friday Night Comedy is a favourite) or an audiobook. I'm currently working my way through John Le Carre. Intrigue has a way of taking your mind off the effort.
  • youknome
    Options
    I find dubstep music perfect for working out to.