Any Wii Fit'ers out there?

Options
My name is Dana and in day 2 of MyFitnessPal. So far I think the flexibility of the system is far superior to anything else I've seen- fantastic!

Now, about me. I'll be 50 in June and have gained about 30 pounds over the past few years. I've been watching what I eat, but had no way to quantify it. Well, not easily, anyway. As for exercise: we have a treadmill in the basement, which is easy to ignore. I've recently purchased Wii Fit and I've been working with it. I also garden and will be getting more exercise that way soon.

Replies

• dvingin
    dvingin Posts: 2
    Options
    My name is Dana and in day 2 of MyFitnessPal. So far I think the flexibility of the system is far superior to anything else I've seen- fantastic!

Now, about me. I'll be 50 in June and have gained about 30 pounds over the past few years. I've been watching what I eat, but had no way to quantify it. Well, not easily, anyway. As for exercise: we have a treadmill in the basement, which is easy to ignore. I've recently purchased Wii Fit and I've been working with it. I also garden and will be getting more exercise that way soon.
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    Mine is coming in the mail today. I can not wait till it gets here. Is it fun? How is the workouts?
  • jk_raven
    jk_raven Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Dana. I've been using the Wii Fit since Christmas. I like it for some of the more advanced aerobic exercises like the Super Hula Hoop, and the yoga is great.
  • PDraxten
    PDraxten Posts: 8
    Options
    OMG your story is a carbon copy of mine !!! I'll be 50 in December I have put on 30 pounds the last couple of years . I am always told "Well your getting older" and I totally hate that excuse !!! The Wii Fit ? I have been trying to talk my husband into it... He could use to drop a few Pounds too ! But he sees it as a waste of money... MEN !! Let me know how you like it....
  • Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    Hi Dana,

welcome to MFP. I do have a Wii fit, also Wii Sports and also My Fitness Coach for Wii. I love working out with my Wii. I really like the hula hoop, it really gets your heart rate up! :smile:
    Hanna
  • wlsjules
    wlsjules Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi!

I'm on day 26 on my Wii Fit today!

I absolutely LOVE it!

I'm just hoping that when I get bored with the advanced stuff on it, Nintendo will come out with an updated version!

I just purchased Jillian Michaels and will start that this weekend!

If you're online, we can exercise together? Is that true? Cuz I wanna!!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Excellent, good for you. Welcome to MFP!

Lots of great tools and recipes and encouragement here - this is a great site.

One thing I like is that you can enter your own recipes in the food database. Sometime when you're entering your meals, search on "Casper",,, and my recipes will pop up with the cal/carbs/fat etc. all figured. This works well for us because my wife uses this site too (she's lost 20 :tongue: ) and when I make my cabbage & chicken she can tally it easily. You can do it too if you have some special thing that you make occasionally, just clickety click.

See ya' around.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,126 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome,
    I am a 67 year old grandmother and I have the Wii Fit and Wii Fit Coach, which I love. :heart:
    The Wii Fit is great but the Wii Coach is really a cardio workout that gets your heart rate up.
    I try to do 3 days of the coach and 3 days on an eliptical. My weight loss is going slow but because I am older it takes a lot more time for me to lose weight. Good luck on your journey and keep coming, the motivation and support you get is wonderful.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dana..

I love my Wii fit - great for toning, yoga, and any kind of core exercise - the balance games are fantastic.

I am alos a gardener - but a frustrated one, as my yard is mostly shade - can't wait to get some really good weather.

Are those your dogs (ponies) on the photo? They are beautiful - I love big dogs...

janiebeth
  • jew2442
    jew2442 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm on my 111th day and I love my Wii Fit. I need to get the Wii Coach you all are talking about. I haven't been on myfitnesspal for a while, but I went back to the doctor today and I've lost 6 pounds since October. That's good but I've have been good (I think) and should have lost more. So, I'm going to get back on keeping track of what I eat. I have toned up a lot doing the Wii and have lost a dress size since I've been doing it. I also got the Jillian game and it's really a work out too, but I haven't been as religious to that one as the WiiFit. I recently bought one for my daughter who was recently diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension and she is able to do most of the exercises and is doing real good with weight loss. Please say a prayer for her-it is a very bad disease to have. Got to get to work-will check in later when I post my supper. Have a great day!