cycling seat hurts my crotch, lol

Options
Hi guys, i know there is a bike seat and stuff, but i am newer to cycling and my Personal Trainer wants me to become athletic through cycling during our workouts... the problem is my crotch kills! and i cant stand but to be on the bike for more than 1 min... what can i do WITHOUT buying a cooshy bike sea and coosy bike shortst. i will do that, but is there another option for now till my body gets used to the bike seat?

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    The first time I did a spin class my butt hurt all the way to the pelvic bone, it wasn't just the gluteus maximus muscle and I felt it for a few days afterwards.

The second time, I didn't feel it anymore so do it a couple times, you should toughen up. If necessary, they do make padded seat covers.
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    This is the very reason i have never taken a spin class. Would like to but im pretty sure my crotchola would HATE me...lol
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Are you sure the seat level is set at the right position? Since I found the height I should be using, I haven't had this problem...
  • Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I went to a spinning class once and Oh Dear Lord! It was painful!
    But that was just the first time.. there was no pain in the next classes!
    Haha, but wow that day i almost felt like i got a bruise or something. It really was painful!

Feel better soon! Keep up the good work :)
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    also maybe try changing the angle of the bike seat - btw i have the shorts and my crotch still hurts or goes numb - I did recently buy a new seat but now my tires are flat and the bike pump is broken so need to replace that!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    There's a good reason cyclists wear cycling shorts!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Keep on biking...you will be able to last longer and longer over time. Worked for me. Good luck.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Keep on biking...you will be able to last longer and longer over time. Worked for me. Good luck.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i love cycling, and had this same problem. sorry, but you need to buy a good seat and cycling shorts. also, need to adjust your seat before every time you use it. make sure it is adjusted as flat as possible, with a slight tilt forward. when you sit on the seat, remember you are not sitting on a barstool. you want to be leaning forward, with your arms bent at the elbow. if you lean back, your seat will lean back with you, and before you know it, things will become... tender.

visit your local bike shop for some help and accessories.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    You'll get used to it, you really already have the two answers I would have given. The other option: just don't sit down.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about a machine or a real bike? If it is a real bike you need to make sure your seat fits your "sit bones". You don't want/need a "coosy" one, just one that fits.
  • Kaety03
    Kaety03 Posts: 16
    Options
    You're going to have to fight through, after about 3 classes you get used to the seat. When it starts to really hurt, stand up on the bike.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    on a real bike you can adjust the tilt of the seat
  • CrimsonHellkite
    Options
    yea in spin class, and even my new bike when i first got it hurt my but and crotchal areas....but it stops after a couple weeks, i think its just an easy excuse not to do it, but really its not a good excuse cause like they said u can always get one of those padded seats.

edit- oh and if you do get the "cooshy" seat or shorts your body wont get used to it and you would have to rely on cooshy forever. and those shorts and seats are expensive!
  • SherriSz
    SherriSz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Usually it means your seat is to high and out of level, try lowering the seat just a bit at a time and levelling out the seat. When you sit on the seat, your knee should have a slight bend when your leg is straight down. Hope this helps, it will also take a few rides for your butt to get used to the position - like any new form of exercise. Good luck!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    we rides bikes as a family often, and my seat hurts my butt and makes it super sweaty, so i usually put a hand towell on my seat..you could try that..good luck
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Imagine spin class with your hoo ha peirced, it could be worse!
  • sparkylady1
    sparkylady1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The first time I was on a cycle bike I thought I was going to die...the seat hurt so bad! I loved the workout though so I kept going back even with the pain...I eventually got used to the seat after a week or so. I still cycle consistently and I do use a cushion seat from time to time...hang in there and it will get easier! It's an amazing workout..good luck!
  • CrimsonHellkite
    Options

lmao! nice one :P
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Imagine spin class with your hoo ha peirced!
    Imagine your hoo ha peirced
    Imagine your hoo ha
    your hoo ha

me-gusta.png