107 pounds down with pics...eeekkk

Options

Replies

• Silchi24
    Options
    When preparing this post I went through a myriad of emotions, probably the most difficult for me to deal with was my before pictures. Throughout this year the very few times I looked at them I would cry or become profoundly sad and a little crazy in the head. If I had not promised myself I would post at my one year of starting to lose weight (still have no idea what possessed me to promise this to myself) I would have deleted all of my before pics and no one would ever see them again. I have had to take many deep breaths to get through and actually post pictures….please understand this is one of the most difficult things I have had to do, much harder than losing 107 pounds. However I will share that I showed my before picture to my 8 year old daughter, she asked me who it was then instantly giggled and told me she did not recognize me….that was kinda cool.

This crazy journey began about a year ago. I was not like other people losing weight that is not what I was trying to accomplish. I had set out on the enormous task of running a 5K. Why and how are different matters all together. It all started with girls night out, there was wine and the wine was good, probably too good and somehow I was roped into running a 5K and I am pretty sure it was my idea. Then my world just began spinning out of control because I knew in that moment I could no longer bail on the 5K, well my world has not stopped spinning since. Please realize at the time I could not run 50 feet, one of my first entries in an update I was giving to my friends about this endeavor after my first week of C25K is as follows…“It has been a full week since I have embarked on my arduous journey to the elusive 5K. Elusive because at this juncture I cannot fully grasp the attainment of such an elephantine task”…”I alternate between 30 sec. of running and 90 sec. of walking. After about 10 min of movement my left shin begins to shoot pain up my leg and my right hip/lower lumbar region aches and begins to shoot pains down my right leg, after about 20 min my right shin begins to add to the agony I am sustaining…Ugh will I ever not feel the intensity of pain that is imposing itself on me.” I give you this writing to understand where I came from and yes I did run my 5K in April of this year and I cannot lie, I don’t love running and rarely do it anymore, however it is what started my journey.

Ok, so know you know how this started, I did not even realize I was losing weight until about 2 months into the “trying” to run thing, at the same time I stopped drinking soda of any kind, eating sweets and artificial sweeteners. I lost more weight, then I changed more of my diet, small things…baby steps. Then I joined MFP and let me tell you I had no idea what I was getting myself into, it was through the wonderful people I have met that I have changed my eating habits (thanks to diary stalking and getting great ideas), my workouts and I am continually inspired by so many do to better and work harder. I went from working out for 20 – 30 min 2-3 days a week to up to 120 min. 5 – 7 days a week because of all of the MFP support…my family has accused me of having an affair with this Gym guy.

A couple things that have changed in my life..

1. I have gone down 8 sizes in pants and went from a 4X to L or M depending.
    2. Probably the best is just that my kids are so proud of me and constantly hug me around the waist and can clasp their
    hands in the back.
    3. I can play on the play structures with my kids, climb and run and just have a fabulous time
    4. I went from running maybe 3.0 mph to today I ran intervals going 7.5 and I know I could go faster (please remember I
    don’t usually run and I have never been fast, so this is good for me)
    5. Aches and pains have diminished 10 fold, it is amazing, I don’t wake in the morning in constant pain, I am healthier too
    and look forward to taking the stairs (crazy talk I know, but I just think about it making my bootie tighter).
    6. I can squeeze into tighter spaces..I am sure this will come in handy sooner than later ;-)
    7. Oh and on occasion I am objectified…ya this is awesome not even the least bit offended
    8. My confidence level is getting better

I want to thank my many inspirations and constant supporters, it is because of you that I am constantly inspired to do better and you have never let me fall no matter how many times I have stumbled and man do I stumble but you are always there to show love and support and catch me when I need it.

107 pounds ago
    fatpics32-1.jpg
    80 pounds down
    Kathrynsfirstcommunion0103-1.jpg
    Current weight
    gympic-2.jpg
    better-1.jpg
    better-1-1.jpg

Wowwy! You are an inspiration! You inspire me! I love the your story and let me tell you, 'YOU LOOK FABULOUS"
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and 10-years younger too! :heart:

Congrats! :drinker:
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, girlie!
  • azurbson
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! It is very inspiring to many. Way to go!!
  • aml31
    aml31 Posts: 57
    Options
    omgosh, amazing!!
  • NaturalKween_25
    NaturalKween_25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amazingly Beautiful! You are such an inspiration!:bigsmile:
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    WOW YOU LOOK AMAZING!! What an inspiration you are!!
  • Wow! You look INCREDIBLE!!
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Really really impressive, congrats.

augie
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    ROCK STAR !!!! You have achieved amazing results !!! Your success has influenced and inspired many. Congratulations !!!
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing!!
  • Mski02
    Mski02 Posts: 28
    Options
    WOW - that really if amazing. I've got half of what you have to loose and I'm wondering how the heck I'll do it. I tip my imaginary hat to you!
  • meganrae_42
    meganrae_42 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look amazing!!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    amAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAzing transformation!!! you are so inspiring!!! my hero :)
  • allison_joan
    Options
    SERIOUSLY, you look amazing! congrats on your success!
  • IMDABOMBthe0wife0DABEAST
    Options
    You look fabulous. Nice job
  • mlwestbury
    mlwestbury Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration I love you will and motivation and the fact you challenged yourself through the pain! You Go Girl!
  • msange
    msange Posts: 2
    Options
    congratulations!
  • FatAndThirty
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!