30 lbs in 45 days

2»

Replies

• I still don't understand why people jump into fad diets and exercise plans.....losing weight/gaining better health is easy...watch your foods and exercise, thats all. If you can't hit the gym we all have ways to get active, if we put as much time into our workouts and diet as we do making up excuses for the lack of effort, we'd all be ripped
  • you'd only lose 30 lbs in 45 days if you weight about 350 lbs and ate 4000 calories a day!!

lol i think you can lose UP TO 35, id say though , that you could REALISTICALLY lose 15-20 lbs in 45 days following that.
  • i realy dont consider this idea a "Ifad diets and exercise plans.." like that guy above me wrote??

the diet , according to you, is basically , eat low calories, work out, try not to eat late at night, and make sure you eat breakfast.. i think that is something eVERYONE should be doing to lose weight, i wouldnt consider that a FAD dief.. sorry.
    lol
  • coming off the net or an article with step by step would constitute a fad diet, no different then a 300 workout, south beach, etc....simple solution. Use this site and pick your goal, hit the gym or find a way to exercise as much as possible (daily if possible). You'll drop weight at a healthy weight, without damage to your body or risk of regaining the weight. I've dropped over 60 lbs by eating balanced and getting active. No specific diet plan, simple calorie monitoring. The net at times can produce the most ridiculous articles
  • I dont think this diet will work. To burn one pound of fat, you have to burn 3,500 calories. So, lets say, your BMR is 2000 calories ... by eating as low as 1200, you've only managed to burn 800 calories--which means, at the gym, you would have to burn 2,700 A DAY.

And the drinking of lots of water, although good in its own regard, is more used to trick YOU on the scale. By drinking a ton of water, you're body holds onto less ... so in the first week you'll lose 10lbs--the majority of which is just water weight (which you can't control)
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    I'm not too sure....you're doing great so far!!! I have heard that adjusting your calories up and down like that can fool your metabolism and keep it going strong...for me I tend to do this already since I eat a variety of foods that differ from day to day, add that with the exercise and water intake...I'm seeing great results still! Best of luck to you in whatever you try, it's all a journey!!!
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    You would probably be losing lean muscle with some fat & water ergo as soon as you got off "the diet" you would regain it in probably less than half the time. Its that old question....(fad) diet vs. lifestyle (good health)?