My amazing Butternut Squash Soup Recipe - 157 calories!

Options
Hello everyone,

I am having the most amazing butternut squash soup for lunch today and I had to share the recipe with you. I originally posted it on my blog (ou can see pics there) but I copied and pasted it below. I added curry powder to give it a kick and it really did the trick! enjoy! :-)

http://www.fairytalefeasts.com/2010/10/fairytale-butternut-squash-soup.html

Fairytale Butternut Squash Soup

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter (or butter substitute to save calories)
1 large butternut squash, halved lengthwise, washed, with the seeds discarded (about 3 lbs)
1 large yellow cooking onion, chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped
2 tablespoons of fresh sage, chopped (a bunch of large leaves)
6 cups of chicken broth

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rub the olive oil on the cut side of the squash and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast about 45 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven and let cool.

In a dutch oven over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and butter. Add onion and celery. Sprinkle some salt. Saute about 10 minutes until tender.

Scoop out the butternut squash flesh (discarding the skin) into the pot. Add the chicken broth and a little salt to pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.

Remove from the heat and use a food processor or hand immersion blender to puree the soup. You can also use a blender to puree the soup but make sure you work in batches! Return to the pot and keep the soup warm.

Replies