Great way to boost metabolism..

green tea is a great way to spike the metabolism! I've been drinking 2-3 cups a day and I've been my lowest weight ever and am maintaining it quite nicely. I tried cranberry pomegranite, which is a bit tart, but for a mellow taste I have the peach flavor as well as the original green tea. Lipton's brand is a good one to use and their website is very informational as well. Also, I've recently switched to crystal lite when craving something besides water. I usually will have a few cans of diet clear soda each week, but it gets boring. crystal lite has no sodium and is only five calories a serving. I usually water each serving down even more because the individual packets tend to be a bit on the sweeter side.

Replies

• janet5432
    janet5432 Posts: 39 Member
    I will have to try the green tea. I am not a tea drinker but if it helps may have to learn to like it:)

I also drink the Crystal Lite. My favorite is the Focus (cirtus flavor) it has caffeine in it so it helped me to kick my Mt Dew habit.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    I posted a topic about Hot Tea a couple weeks ago...I have also noticed that it keeps my food cravings at bay.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    :heart: :drinker:
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    I posted a topic about Hot Tea a couple weeks ago...I have also noticed that it keeps my food cravings at bay.

well then i deff need to try it. since i have started eating healthy i have realized that I am hungry more often than just once a day embarrassing stomach growls and everything in the middle of class so think im going to look into the green tea stuff =)
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member

well then i deff need to try it. since i have started eating healthy i have realized that I am hungry more often than just once a day embarrassing stomach growls and everything in the middle of class so think im going to look into the green tea stuff =)
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    I love green tea! It took me a while to try it because i hate anything green. Now it's the only thing i drink besides water. I like the Bigalow's decaf green tea. Lipton is a bit too tart for me as i like to leave the tea bag in.

However, i wonder if the regular cafinated tea will boost your metabolism even more.....
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    The best green tea in my opinion is white tea (yes it's still green tea, just taken from the young leaves and so it's called white). Silver needle is the most tender. I have to go to a health/natural foods store or an international market to find it. Buy it loose and get one of those balls to but it in your hot water. The taste is smooth and flavorful. It's the only kind I like to drink because after using it, the others just tasted so bitter.

White peony is also a good white tea, but definitely try Silver needle!!!
  • Green tea also has some caffeine, but it doesn't have as much caffeine as black tea and coffee do. This is really the only thing I drink with caffeine in it, and I can day that I don't get the headaches that I usually do when and if I do drink caffeinated sodas.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    I got some to try and its horrible, tried it on its own, adding milk, adding sweetner, adding honey.... yukk.. its not going down... do they do green tea tablets and do they work?
  • I have tried green tea tablets, and I personally think that aren't as effective. Only thing I feel from them is just the caffeine side effect.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 526 Member
    I got some to try and its horrible, tried it on its own, adding milk, adding sweetner, adding honey.... yukk.. its not going down... do they do green tea tablets and do they work?

black tea, red tea, white tea = they are all good for you, too. If you hate green, try a different one. I find just sipping on the hotness helps curb my appetite. Little squeeze of citrus is nice. I prefer black teas with a little sugar or a little honey. I keep "Real Lemon" packets on hand b/c they don't spoil like fresh lemons.
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    I'm tempted to believe you just because you're so doggone pretty!!!! :flowerforyou: I may just go out and buy green tea!
  • That's a myth. Green Tea & Hot peppers DO NOT BOOST METABOLISM. Some studies have shown a minor spike in metabolism for both green tea & chillis after consumption, however, it was only noted to be a minor spike and nothing permanent. Verdict – Metabolism unaffected. No food can speed up or change you metabolism permanently.
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    I am only able to find strong evidence for lowering cholesterol. Please post a credible research source done on green tea covering "boosting metabolism"
  • wagreen
    wagreen Posts: 76 Member
    Is this the greentea packets or regular green tea you have to add a lil sugar too?
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    That's a myth. Green Tea & Hot peppers DO NOT BOOST METABOLISM. Some studies have shown a minor spike in metabolism for both green tea & chillis after consumption, however, it was only noted to be a minor spike and nothing permanent. Verdict – Metabolism unaffected. No food can speed up or change you metabolism permanently.

^^ This...unfortunately. Tea in all forms is very good for you, because of the antioxidants. And if you're trading green tea for another, calorie-laden drink you may see a difference in weight loss. But green tea will not "speed up" your metabolism. I have a thyroid condition, so I don't want to do anything that would affect my metabolism one way or another. I asked my doctor about it. He said it was a complete myth and for me to drink all I want. :)
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    I've been drinking Green Tea (2-4 mugs/day) for about 7 yrs and love it! My fav is green tea with lemon and ginseng.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    I find I usually do my snacking on sweets in the evenings... so I have cut out all eating after 8pm. So far since that started (only a couple days so far, but still!) I haven't had any sweets at all. Instead of chocolate/cookies/ice cream at night now, I just have a mug of green/herbal tea. Working so far. I've been at 179 forever, but I since I gave this new idea a try, I lost 2.2lbs this week!
  • megacy
    megacy Posts: 80 Member

I didn't like it either, at first. I was steeping it the same as other teas, then noticed I was supposed to be leaving it in the water for only 1-3 minutes, depending on the brand. Now I steep it right and love it...maybe that's what's up? It gets very bitter when left in the water too long.
  • Alright maybe boosting metabolism isn't the correct phrase, but it does help maintain weight which is also what I stated. I don't add any sweetner or milk or honey. Just have to find the right one that tastes acceptable for the time being.