What is your favorite healthy snack?

Options
I don't eat much sugar and not many desserts, but I LOVE dark, dark chocolate. I usually eat 1-2 squares of 85% cocoa chocolate from Lindts or Ghirardelli a day, whole ingredients, hardly any sugar and it has protein and fiber and antitoxidants. = )

It is my healthy indulgence. What is yours?

Replies

• mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    almonds!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt mixed with vanilla protein powder, taste like vanilla pudding but not quite a sweat.
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    btw, more specifically for this forum, I am talking about snacks before or after working out...something to look forward to after i have worked out hard and need a little somethin-somethin = )
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Hershey's special dark chocolate.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Edemame (spelling?) aka Soybeans!
  • emily773
    Options
    I love sliced cheese and Kashi crackers!
  • GreenLifeGirl
    Options
    oh good...these are the kind of ideas i was looking for....any more?!

greek yogurt and vanilla protein, must try this.

i live off almonds. lol
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Homemade Larabars. I get fiber and healthy carbs from the dates and protein from the nuts. They're surprisingly sweet and adaptable. If I make them myself, I can mix in tasty bits like cinnamon, other fruits, or a few chocolate chips - whatever I'm in the mood for! I've started make them into little squares instead of full bars so that I can match the portion to my hunger level.
  • mattellis2
    Options
    Homemade Larabars. I get fiber and healthy carbs from the dates and protein from the nuts. They're surprisingly sweet and adaptable. If I make them myself, I can mix in tasty bits like cinnamon, other fruits, or a few chocolate chips - whatever I'm in the mood for! I've started make them into little squares instead of full bars so that I can match the portion to my hunger level.

i love dates and nuts. do you have a recipe handy?
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the dark chocolate truffles from Whole Foods? They usually come out around this time every year and are so good! Godiva's midnight swirl truffle is amazing too :)

As far as healthy snacks, I like nuts, Kroger carbmaster yogurts, fresh fruits, baby carrotts, sugar snap peas, grape tomatoes, edamame, hummus, and fat free cottage cheese.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My vanilla protien powder with some Starbucks coffee, a little sweetener, crushed ice and blend it up, and it tastes soooooooo good like a frappe from McDonalds( Im saying McDonalds because even though I love Starbucks I think the Frappe from McDonalds is much better) Its healthy and gives me a boost in the afternoon!
  • ammbbbeeeerrrrr
    Options
    plain fat free greek yogurt with 1/4 pack sugar free jello mix mixed in. :)
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I just started eating 1 dark chocolate-covered almond after lunch every day. It is only 25 calories, and supposedly eating some dark chocolate daily helps to ward off cravings, and it good for you. Guilt-free indulgence!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Semi-frozen grapes
  • GreenLifeGirl
    Options

i love dates and nuts. do you have a recipe handy?

Yes, I would VERY interested in a recipe. Sounds delicious.
  • GreenLifeGirl
    Options
    I looked online and found this recipe for Homemade Larabars...they sound delicious!

http://www.foodiewithfamily.com/2011/08/30/homemade-larabars/

Getting great ideas...will be picking up some of this stuff this weekend...
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Banaaaaaana, once a day!
    Or twice.
    Sometimes even three. When I am in a hurry, and have no time for a banana shake (milk, yogurt, banana, cocoa) then I just eat a classic banana.
    Plus its the cleanest, healthiest thing to eat when I run around in the city!
  • kknudson
    kknudson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. All the time get some.
  • kerryh1976
    Options
    Ryvita with sugar free peanut butter and nutella ... my favourite post run munch :happy:
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I base my Larabars on the recipes on Chocolate Covered Katie's website. Here are links to my two favorite ones:
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2009/11/09/cookie-dough-babies/
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2009/11/08/homemade-cashew-cookie-larabars/