Off track for the past few days ...

The past few days have been very bad for both my diet and my lack of exercise. I am afraid I will stop trying for good if I don't bite it in the butt now! Any suggestions on how to get back on track? I love carbs and that is usually my weakness.

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    plan ahead and pre-log your food. It helps me anyway. If the decision is already made and put into a list, then I'm less likely to think about it.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Cooking your meals ahead of time works quite well. Have you tired that yet?
  • I try to always look up calories of a food BEFORE I eat it. That way, I know the "cost" of eating it going in. One of the great things about MFP is that I feel I can have anything at any time, but I have to weigh the cost and evaluate if that is worth it. For example, the other night I had a piece of chocolate cake. It was fabulous, and I enjoyed it. I knew the cost and I made up for that cost somewhere else (exercise and/or omitting some other food).

I hope this helps.
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    You just have to get back on track. It's all about willpower and determination at this point! Just tell yourself you have to do this and DO IT!
  • kmc0129
    kmc0129 Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks everyone that's very helpful, I think my problem might in fact be my protein, I will start to track it.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Im off track too..it sucks! Time to pull up the socks and dust the kicks off! BTW I love your profile pic..The woman on the cover is Jenny..I went to school with her, she's awsome! I follow her on fb and get motivation from her.
  • kmc0129
    kmc0129 Posts: 15 Member
    Oh wow that's cool! I got that issue of Runner's World so long ago and that is still my favorite picture I have seen on it yet