Womens Basketball

Options
Hey, just wondering if anyone watches women's basketball like the WNBA, or we have any female ballers here?

Replies

• moreaudrey
    moreaudrey Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My daughter (17) is a basketball player. We watch the WNBA whenever we can.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    *bites tongue*
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    *bites tongue*

That was nice of you.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    *bites tongue*

2nd........
  • spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    i assure you if you ever watched the wnba you would see how amazing those women athletes are
  • liftingbro
    Options
    i assure you if you ever watched the wnba you would see how amazing those women athletes are

Been to Lynx games. We got a suite and had a party, the basketball was boring.

Sure, they are athletic and play better than me but compared to the NBA it's a snoozefest. I like women's hockey, tennis and volleyball but basketball just magnifies the difference between male and female athletes.
  • spongela
    Options

Sure, they are athletic and play better than me but compared to the NBA it's a snoozefest. I like women's hockey, tennis and volleyball but basketball just magnifies the difference between male and female athletes.

why because they dont dunk every 2 min? honestly i find the NBA boring these days compared to how it was back in the 90's, i find the wnba players to be a lot more passionate about the game than the nba players.
  • spongela
    Options
    I've been watching the lynx in the wnba finals and they have just been playing the best team basketball i have ever seen, good luck to them against Atlanta tonight, if they win they are wnba champions
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
  • liftingbro
    Options

why because they dont dunk every 2 min? honestly i find the NBA boring these days compared to how it was back in the 90's, i find the wnba players to be a lot more passionate about the game than the nba players.

Dunking is part of it but it's really just the speed of the game. WNBA almost looks like shorter NBA teams moving in slow motion. Not to mention the overall skill level isn't even close for the most part. I don't doubt the WNBA players have more passion, that's the #1 issue with NBA players.
  • spongela
    Options

lol i love that episode, gotta love Futurama
  • spongela
    Options
    well it depends what games you been watching, as i have seen some slow games but at the same time some very fast intense games, i dont think the wnba gets the support it deserves though
  • killagb
    Options
    6fde50e7-de80-4371-8d33-521728bc994b.jpg
  • spongela
    Options
    lol oh man, if your saw the target center at Minnesota on wed night it was a whole different story it was pretty much full.
  • killagb
    Options

wnba_layups.jpg
  • liftingbro
    Options
    well it depends what games you been watching, as i have seen some slow games but at the same time some very fast intense games, i dont think the wnba gets the support it deserves though

There is a reason for that, it's not that great to watch. I'm pretty certain just about any division 1 college mens team would probably take apart a WNBA all-star team.

No offense to WNBA players, there's not a lot you can do about genetics but it's just not that entertaining. I'd watch a women's hockey game 10x over before a WNBA game. I think women's tennis is 10x more entertaining than men's and not because of the way they look (though that does not hurt).
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I like WNBA because I coach a 11 boys team and their style is more tailered to them. They work as a team, pass and worth together much more than men's NBA. But I do like college men's b-ball.
  • spongela
    Options
    i agree NBA players are more greedy and play less like a team, i prefer to watch college basketball than NBA
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    wnba-main1.jpg