Average grocery bill

Options
What is your average grocery bill for the week or month and how many are in your family? Mine is $125 a week and we are a family of 4. 2 adults and 2 young boys ages 2 and 4. Seems crazy that we spend at least $500 a month on groceries. I totally see why so many people eat so unhealthy, that's the food that is usually super cheap unfortunately:mad:

Replies

• stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    its just two of us and about each shopping trip i spend about $150 twice a month..... BUT i'm going to start buying veggies and stuff at a farmers marker here this week so i'm going ot see how much that saves me if any. AND luckily there is an organic farmer's market nearby so i'm hoping its cheaper than the stores!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I live alone. Mine's usually about 40$ - 60$ a week depending on how much I need.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Family of four, two adults, two kids ages 8 and 10, we probably spend about 250 every two weeks.
  • trouthunterz
    Options
    We are a family of four two adults and two almost teens. we spend 200 a week currently Im sure it is going to go up as the kids start growing more and more.
  • TinyTina2012
    Options
    Around $75-$100 a week for 2 people. It's so high... but I think it's because we are right near NYC, everything is so darn expensive here!! :(
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    We are a family of four and we spend about 150 a week. Two adults and two toddlers, I know I think the same thing you do our bill is pretty high for two adults and two toddlers.But than again I am not feeding my kids junk food so its worth it :smile:
  • awkwwward
    Options
    For me, the fiance and the cats we spend about $30 - $40 a week so...$120 - $160/month.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Just my fiance and I, we spend about $100 every other week ($50 a week/$200 a month). Sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on whether we need to buy more meat, or dog food.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I live alone. Mine's usually about 40$ - 60$ a week depending on how much I need.

same here
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    5 kids 2 adults, I spend 500-600 a month at BJ's and about 150 / week

2 dogs (boxers) and a goldfish also
  • pixiechk201
    pixiechk201 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow I need to take a look at the grocery bill- house of 2 + 2 cats & 1 dog- $150 a week!
  • LeanMeanJeanne
    LeanMeanJeanne Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's just my 6 year old son and I, I drop about $150 every other week, with a smaller run on the off week for milk and such. I find that planning my meals ahead of time does save time and money, although I still find myself grabbing pizza on soccer nights.... Oy, some habits are tough to break.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I shop and cook for myself only and spend about $200 on food per month.

I go out to eat 2 or 3 times per month on top of that.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Family of 3. Just spent $150-$200 for the week. We spend $500-$600/mo on healthy groceries.

It makes me angry that a cart full of junk food costs just as much as my half full cart of healthy groceries!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    $120-150 a month for 2
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    About $100-150/week. It's me, our 14yo, and our 11 yo. Hubby is in Afghanistan. That includes cat food and litter for 2 cats too. When hubby comes home it will probably go up about $50/week.
  • 0namission
    Options
    Im a Family of 1! and i spend a total of about 150 dollars a month on groceries....seeing all these Grocery Bills so highh with the families..AHHHHH
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My husband, myself, 2 kids ages 9 & 5, 3 dogs, 1 cat, & 2 turtles in our house and it usually costs about 700 a month at the grocery store! It is NOT cheap to buy healthier choices. But look at it this way, if you buy a cheap appliance, it quits on you sooner....you get what you pay for.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Two adults and a 17 year old.....ok so 3 adults, oh and a cat. We spend between $200 to 250 every two weeks. Sometimes we have to go inbetween also. But we're like yall, not going to buy crap, only healthy foods.