Moms of multiples who gained a lot of weight in pregnancy?

Options
I am a mother of 3, one single child and a set of twins. I am looking for other moms of multiples for support and to compare/ask questions about body issues remaining after having multiples and in my case a c section.

I am really curious as to whether or not there is anyone else who gained 100 pounds during their pregnancy and what you have done to lose the weight.

My twins are 7 years old now and I have lost almost 40 but still have around 70 to lose.

It seems my midsection does not want to lose the weight .

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon?

Replies

• zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids a 2 year old and an 11 month old. I gained 110 pounds between them and I am now 164 so i have lost a total of 106 lbs since my son was born.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids a 2 year old and an 11 month old. I gained 110 pounds between them and I am now 164 so i have lost a total of 106 lbs since my son was born.

wow!! awesome work!!!
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    None of my children turned and were all breach. No matter what the Dr. tried they refused to turn, so each of them were c-sections. What I've found that helps is reverse crunches. Pregnancy did put weight on me, but a depression I went through at one point in my life contributed greately to my weight gain. Congrats on your 40lb loss!! Keep up the great work!!
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    forgot to mention mine were both c-sections and that has been the hardest part to fix, the awful baby belly flab.
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    HI! I love meeting M.O.M.s... I have 13 year fraternal twin girls. I gained about 65 pounds w/them, carried them to term. Then had a singleton girl who is now 8. I did not have c-section with either pregnancy...I am still trying to lose the weight I gained 13 years ago!

Yes, my stomach is still the place where the weight is the most stubborn...BUT I can definitely tell it is getting smaller.

Feel free to send me a friend request...
  • LosingJenn
    Options

That's great! Very inspirational, and a quick loss. :-)
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I had a 2 year old when I had my twins...they are now 12.....I have had 2 c sections and one surgery that I was cut again...on the C Section scar...for a total of 3 times!! I do not have any feeling in that area any more!! While I feel muscle under neath....The top is still soft...I have lost 77 pounds and still working on losing more....while my stomach is smaller...I am not sure that the skin will be the same after I am done losing the weight!! With my first baby...I gained about 100 pounds...and only lost about 30...and then when the twins were born...I didn't gain a lot...but the skin did all kind of crazy things!! After the twins were about 7 I ended up having one more...and she was C section....gained about 45-60 pounds.....lost all of it and then some due to stress after she was born (husband issues).

I don't if any of that helped!! Think I was just excited to have someone else wondering the same thing!! Good luck!! Congrads on the 40 pounds lost!!!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have a set of twins.. they were babies 4 and 5.. I got really huge with them but only gained 20 lbs total because I gained and lost the entire pregnancy. that was the first of 4 c-sections.. after they were born I lost very quickly from nursing and was smaller withinin weeks after their birth than my pre-pregnancy weight.. however with my last baby- #8 I gained 55 lbs.. topping the scale at 275. had my 4th c-section that took a year to recover from and developed a lot of health problems . that was 2 and half years ago.. I've lost over 60 lbs and still have about 60 more to go.. it has been hard to get the weight off this time while trying to gain my health back.
  • LosingJenn
    Options
    My daughter was 2 when my twins were born. Now she is 9 and the twins are 7.

My skin scares me. I am fairly certain the only way it will go away is with surgery. It seems to sag more with more weight loss.

I only had one c section, but I had another abdominal surgery where they cut the same place as the c section to remove a large cyst (softball sized) from my ovary, so the scar is fairly large even though my sagging skin hides it.

I also have big stretch marks.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention my twins are 9.. and yeah my stomach has been the hardest place to loose.
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    None of my children turned and were all breach. No matter what the Dr. tried they refused to turn, so each of them were c-sections. What I've found that helps is reverse crunches. Pregnancy did put weight on me, but a depression I went through at one point in my life contributed greately to my weight gain. Congrats on your 40lb loss!! Keep up the great work!!

What are reverse crunches?

I'm coming to accept that the c-section flap is not going to go away. It IS shrinking though. Since I"m purposely trying to lose weight s-l-o-w-l-y I think that's why I'm having luck with my skin elasticity. But that darn flap is another story!

My (fraternal) twin boys are 2 years and were my first c-section because Baby A was breach and Baby B was transverse. My baby girl is 10 months and was a c-section as well because the hospital here has a policy of no VBACs. It was kind of depressing at first realizing this stomach isn't going to go away, but at least it's deflating.

We can just keep working on being the best we can be and not compare ourselves. But I'm happy to support another M.O.M.
  • LosingJenn
    Options
    Yes, do tell what are reverse crunches? I do regular crunches all the time with my trainer, but I will ask him about reverse crunches for sure.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    reverse crunch is when you do crunches with your lower half. your flat on your back, your legs up in the air at 90 degree and your push your bottom up in the air. It works on your lower abdominal so it helps tone up the lower pooch :))