Any good recipes for boneless chicken breasts?

Options
danielle1009
danielle1009 Posts: 35 Member
I took out boneless chicken breasts for dinner but I'm running out of ideas for what to do with them...anyone have some good (healthly) ideas?

Replies

• danielle1009
    Options
    I took out boneless chicken breasts for dinner but I'm running out of ideas for what to do with them...anyone have some good (healthly) ideas?
  • megancolleen
    Options
    caption crunch chicken is really good.. I am not sure of the recipe or how healthy it is for you but it is really good.. YOu could try googling it..

I also will do breaded (with italian bread crumbs) and only bread half of the chicken. So it isn't really that bad!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Check out the Kraft food website they had some good ideas in this months magazine.
  • direct1998
    Options
    Chicken Primavera With Parmesan Pasta

Meal Time - 35 minutes / Serves 6

Cooking Sequence
    Put water on to boil for pasta; prepare chicken through step 3 - 15 minutes
    Continue pasta and complete chicken; serve - 20 minutes

Chicken Primavera
    Ingredients
    1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    7–8 sprigs fresh Italian parsley (rinsed)
    1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    2 medium yellow squash (rinsed)
    1 medium zucchini (rinsed)
    1 cup fresh green beans (rinsed)
    3 fresh garlic cloves
    1 cup matchstick carrots
    1 cup pre-diced onions
    1 (14.5-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes (undrained)

Steps
    1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper on plate (may be paper); wash hands. Place 1 tablespoon of the oil in pan; swirl to coat.
    2. Add chicken to pan (wash hands); cook 2–3 minutes on each side or until browned. While chicken cooks, chop parsley coarsely.
    3. Add parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning, and wine to chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 6–8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
    4. Meanwhile, cut squash and zucchini in half lengthwise; then cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Trim ends of green beans and discard; cut beans into 2-inch-long lengths. Chop garlic coarsely.
    5. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, along with garlic, to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients (except tomatoes); cook 5–7 minutes, stirring often, or until vegetables begin to soften.
    6. Stir in tomatoes; cook 4–5 more minutes or until vegetables are desired tenderness.
    7. Transfer vegetables to serving dish. Slice chicken, arrange over vegetables, and serve with pasta.
    CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 6g; CHOL 65mg; SODIUM 290mg; CARB 12g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 28g; VIT A 80%; VIT C 45%; CALC 6%; IRON 10%

Parmesan Pasta
    Ingredients
    12 ounces whole-grain penne pasta
    2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
    1 tablespoon herb garlic butter

Steps
    1. Fill large saucepan half full of water. Cover and bring to boil on high for pasta.
    2. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 11–14 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
    3. Drain pasta; return to saucepan. Stir in cheese and butter until well blended. Serve.
    CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 210kcal; FAT 2g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 60mg; CARB 39g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 11g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 0%; CALC 4%; IRON 10%

Shopping List
    Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
    The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.

ADD ALL 19 ITEMS TO LIST
    Dairy
    1 tablespoon herb garlic butter
    2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese

Dry Grocery
    1 (14.5-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
    1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    12 ounces whole-grain penne pasta
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Meat
    1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Produce
    1 cup fresh green beans
    1 cup matchstick carrots
    1 cup pre-diced onions
    1 medium zucchini
    2 medium yellow squash
    3 fresh garlic cloves
    7-8 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
  • direct1998
    Options
    check out - http://www.publix.com/aprons/Home.do

I go here almost every day to find meals and plan ahead
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    caption crunch chicken is really good.. I am not sure of the recipe or how healthy it is for you but it is really good.. YOu could try googling it..

I also will do breaded (with italian bread crumbs) and only bread half of the chicken. So it isn't really that bad!

Good idea bout half the chicken!
  • TaraLynn23
    Options
    I love to make chicken tacos.... put the chicken in the crockpot (I put it right in there frozen) and add low-sodium taco seasoning and a jar of salsa on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours and then shred the chicken about 30 minutes before serving. The chicken will soak up the juices and it always turns out SO good! Use it with lettuce, tomato, fat free sour cream, and whole wheat tortillas to make a very yummy taco!

Or you can also serve over brown rice, use as meat for burritos, or make it into a taco salad!

(we're having this for dinner tonight- my 3 year old loves it!)
  • kimmaboo
    kimmaboo Posts: 31
    Options
    i like salsa chicken you just bake it with a little spices and salsa and if you want cheese on top verry yummy or you could do chicken parmesean
  • Mrs_Ford
    Mrs_Ford Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love going to Kraftfoods.com & finding new ways of eating healthy especially when it comes to chicken...it gets old quick so I feel your pain.

:smile: My family loves the Foil-Pack Chicken & Mushroom Dinner (http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/foil-pack-chicken-mushroom-dinner-75480.aspx)
  • danielle1009
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your great ideas!!! I've got 3 or 4 recipes down, now i've just got to decide which one to make!!
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I usually do Kraft Zesty Italian on them when I grill or George Foreman them. It keeps them juicy and gives them some flavor.
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    the Campbells website has some good ideas as well.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    shake and bake spicy
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    My favorite is baking chicken (spice it however you like), then towards the end I throw in a can of diced tomatoes with garlic, throw on a low fat cheese and its MM GOOD!
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Im not sure about the calories but this is quick, esy and good...Just the way I like it!!

Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. Throw it in the crockpot with salsa and ....WALAHH

Dinner is done!!!