always over my carb goal :(

Options
So I've noticed recently I'm often over my carb goal.. how bad is that even if I'm still under calories?? what would be a good ratio to set my carb/fat/protein limits?

Replies

• MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem. i am not worrying about it right now. as long as i'm under calories. i really hate things that are high in protein, i just don't like the taste of it. so i will let that change as i get closer to my goal weight. i do like spinach, lean nuts, legumes and beans but i am not a huge fan of meat and never have been. carbs are just better tasting... but i do go for whole grain, oatmeal, stuff like that. i don't eat a lot of sugar or white bread... so i guess that's something.
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    I'm on the same boat. I'm a carb lover vegetarian, so it's hard... I've switched to greek yogurt (0% fat) and I also eat 1% fat cottage cheese after working out. Those two things help me get more proteins and fewer carbs. I've changed my goals to 60% carbs, 20% protein and 20% fat and that's working better for me now.
  • lindseyb317
    lindseyb317 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    maybe i'll try 60/20/20... my almost daily coffee has a chunk of carbs, and i do love me some potatoes... also a fan of oatmeal. what are some good protein rich foods other than red meat?
  • jnanof
    jnanof Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The only real way to limit carbs is to replace the starches (bread, potatoes, rice) with extra veggies. It was hard for me to give up the rice at dinner but now I eat fresh veggies. I switched to WW wraps at 100 cals for my sandwiches. Its hard work to keep the carbs low. I am always over mine too but at least they are whole grain carbs now. I am always over my fat too lol.
    For protein rich meats: lean Chicken, fish including white tuna in water, lean pork, Bison meat is very dense in protein, less fat than beef and delicious.
    Don't forget to read all labels!!
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about going over your carb in consumption. Because carbs, proteins, fats all equal to calories. What matters is if your calories are either under, level, or over. That is what determines weight loss or weight gain. Your better off being slight over your macro nutrients, than to be under. But if your within your calorie consumption, I would not lose sleep over it. Your perfectly fine, just continue monitoring your calorie consumption and focus on your goals. Good luck, and keep it up!
  • lindseyb317
    lindseyb317 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    thanks! i've always heard people talk about "lo-carb" and i was worried about hindering things. im at a plateau though :( i've been fluctuating between 126-128 for weeks!
  • tree5981
    tree5981 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I too, love carbs! I have been staying at or under my calorie goal but not losing much. I noticed in the past I lose more when I up my protein intake, but it seems so unrealistic to stick to that. I need a balance I guess. :(