New - US Navy - Male - 5'6" - 160lbs - Yay?

Options
Hello all! I am a 21 year old guy in the United States Navy and have decided to try to get much more healthy! I've been realizing the last few years how horrible I eat - Donuts for breakfast, 2 packages of ramen for lunch, and gourge on mcdonalds or frozen food for dinner, with globs of ice cream for dessert. Repeat. With no exercise. Pledging to stop that! And I will stay true to that following this program! I hope I can get myself back on track! I worked out for the first time in 3 years this week!
Back in High School, I used to work out hours upon hours a day, and was absolutely ripped. The navy has made me lose a lot of that motivation, but recently, my wonderful wife has re-sparked that motivation! Wish me luck!!! :D

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm Navy as well. I understand all too well the unhealthy eating habits we can fall into. I sent a friend request.
  • trentnivins
    trentnivins Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    GO NAVY!!!
  • webfootcajun
    Options
    Old Navy vet here. Welcome to the club, and THANK YOU for serving!
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck with your weight loss, remember to eat enough calories don't starve yourself to lose weight that doesn't work and drink plenty of water. I think a male needs at least 1700 calories or it may be more and if you are very active and exercise then you will need more too
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    goood luck and thanks for protecting our country and us!!!!!! You are strong and can do it!!!:wink:
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Go Navy, Beat Army! ;)

Signed,

Daughter of a Former Naval Officer/Academy Grad
  • poorogue
    Options
    Thanks all!!! Love the since of community here! :D
  • oopsiedaezie
    Options
    Good luck!! You are going to do an amazing job and reach your goal in no time :bigsmile:
    ~Daisy
  • Slimmer_J
    Options
    You can do it! You have all the tools and knowledge and now you have the want.... with your wife behind you, you have the support alond with this site!
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    It's amazing how just one supportive person in your life can make such a big difference.
  • harmonysdream
    harmonysdream Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    GO NAVY! Thanks for doing your part to protect us all, and good luck on reaching your goals!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Navy wife here-- my husband lost 60 lbs to join and is graduating boot camp on Friday. Good luck to you and welcome!
  • drsteph01
    Options
    I am in the Army, but work with all the services quite regularly. Even spent my one year in Iraq living and working with the Navy. This is a great place to find motivation and lots of fitness and diet help. Good luck!
  • ricki9952
    Options
    U can do it with the support of ur wife and everyone on here....thanks for serving our country:happy:
  • Dancergrrl87
    Options
    Good luck on losing that weight! I'm losing mine to enlist by January. :)
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    To anyone losing to enlist-just make sure you keep it off, don't let the Navy life catch up with you. I had to learn the hard way that I do not have the metabolism of a 21 year old male, and I gained my weight after I was out of boot camp.