Filling Snacks/Food.

Options
Hello,

I tend to struggle with my diet when I am hungry. I always start questioning the worth of my diet.

The solution is to be very hungry as little as is possible. What low-calorie foods can you snack on that will keep you filled up and suppress your appetite for awhile?

Replies

• Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Beef/Turkey Jerkey! Low in calories, high in protein. That's if your not a Vegan. I'm eating Jacks Links jerkey as my snack as we speak. It does the job until my next meal. Good luck!
  • arispawild
    Options
    OATMEAL
  • Hissweetheart
    Hissweetheart Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    High protein and fiber foods tend to do the trick. Although they may not all be super low calorie, I think they are a bargain in the long run if they keep you from munching! Avocado, nuts, veggie and hummus, jerkey, etc. I am not a big snacker so unfortunately I don't have a bunch of super creative ideas.
  • Bighank7752
    Options
    Protein, protein, protein. A;so keep in mind that many times we are a bit dehydrated when we think we are hungry. Trya glass of water and always stay hydrated.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    You want to look for things that are high in protein...reduced fat cheese stick, Greek yogurt (look for lower sugar), apple with 1 TBS peanut butter, etc.
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    I have to agree, protein. I switched from higher fiber breakfasts, to higher protein, and I really don't get hungry through the day.
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    I eat every three hours. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and then sometimes a snack. I have lower calorie but filling meals. Eating so frequently means I stave off that growling belly hunger. I eat oatmeal, apples and cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese and almonds as snacks. And I always try to have a large serving of protein with each meal, and it keeps me full. A bowl of pasta does not stay with me long.
  • WKenL
    WKenL Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of carrots. Oatmeal will also serve you well, and I've heard good things about jerky. I have enough trouble keeping my sodium remotely under control that I'm not touching the stuff, but if that's not your problem, go for it.

I find that celery also really helps with giving me that full feeling without adding much of anything to the calorie count.
  • coastalstorm25
    Options
    I agree...Hi protein content food ..think low fat dairy or meat...if you like carbs think quinoa with some veggies (its high and protein and its like your eating a carb) If you eat high protien foods ..there isn't much rrom for other "junk" so to speak....Also not too sure if you are a follower of "Eat right for your blood type" but I am..and it Really works for me...check it out :)http://www.dadamo.com/
    good luck :)
  • baxter07
    Options
    Try carrot or celery sticks, or a bowl of steamed cauliflower and broccoli.

http://homecooking.about.com/library/archive/bllowcalsnacks.htm has other low calorie snacks.
  • looklikeaskeleton
    Options
    i agree with arispawild! i love oatmeal but im never able to finish it cause its so filling :b
  • doinit4tayzie
    Options
    I personally try to eat smaller meals so I cab have two maybe three snacks in between meals. I keep my snacks around 100 calories, skinny cow bars if u have a sweet tooth, hummas with pita chips or carrots
    Mmmmm. Good luck oh nd drink water lots of water thats helping me. Fills you up nd chewing gum.