I don't want to lose my curves

Options
I don't want to be rail thin or extra muscular, i want to keep my womanly assets. I gain weight proportionatly so i figured id lose fat the same. Is this even possible or am i going to have to do target training when i get smaller, build more muscle in that area?

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you'll be fine. the curves are the last to go.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    you'll be fine. the curves are the last to go.

Not true at all...I lost my butt shortly after I started running 6 days a week. I would suggest lots of walking up hill and taking the stairs. :)
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Burn the fat! Youll feel better and those bumps will look even better. Targeting those areas with exercise will give you a little lift and if thats a look you like then go for it. Either way the extra muscle will make you feel good.
  • hazelmae123
    hazelmae123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different but when I was very thin, I was always the same shape. I always have the hour glass or coke bottle shape. I am just it at a much smaller size. When I gain I put weight on the same way so I would guess it would come off the same way. Also, I think sometimes when people get thin and aren't used to it, they continue to wear clothes that are too big. I often wore more loose things than fitted and I didn't show my curves.
  • bootstrap7
    Options
    Not necessarily... When I lose weight my boobs are the first thing to go! :-( However, my butt stays nice and round. Everyone puts on and loses weight differently. Most likely if you gain proportionally, you will lose proportionally. But targeted exercise to build the muscles in those areas will definitely help.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I always lose my butt first and the boobs are last to go, and they don't go as much as I would like. Everybody is different. if you want to keep some bum, I suggest squats.... they suck, but they work.
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The butt can be saved with leg/glute work, squats, lunges etc. Boobs, not so much. I've lost 2 inches off my bust, and I think if I get down to my goal weight, my hubby will be bitterly disappointed!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I think to some extent genetics plays a role. In my family, everyone's got boobs and a bum (well, not the men but you know what I mean). No matter how big or small we get, we've always got 'em :)
  • coderedd
    Options
    Lol i will definitely try the squats and lunges. my breast can go down a size or two, id prefer it actually lmao. i feel a little bit more confident about what my excercise regimen should consist of.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Yes it's true. There are many thin/slim women on here who still have their hourglass figure.

And I may need to slow down on my squats cause even though they're making my legs and thighs look great, it's making my butt bigger which is *not* a good thing since it wasn't exactly the smallest thing on my body to begin with :-/
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Since everyone is different is there someone slender in your family that is built in a similar fashion to you? That might give you some guidance. I have an hour glass figure whether I'm a 6 or a 26 and I have wide shoulders so no amount of diet/exercise will change the bone structure. I would suggest cardio to lose the extra weight and then once you see what your figure will be you could perhaps work on building muscles to accentuate the curves you have. I know I would like to be toned, and still have an hourglass figure, just without so much sand!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to get too skinny, don't get too skinny.
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 lbs from a healthy bmi and only my stomach and breasts have shrunk.
  • tcrawlv
    tcrawlv Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How often do you do your squats?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    There are exercises you can do to build muscle in certain areas. But even if it wasnt possible, being a healthy weight is better than being curvy.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Actually, as you get thinner, you'll get more curvy because you will have less stomach fat. Do lots of squats though.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Even if you get to a super low body fat, you will still have "curves", they'll just be in different places. If you want more "curviness" then I recommend not going super low body fat, and adding some resistance training into your routine. Bodyweight exercises (pushups, squats, planks, stairs, leg ups), and lifting weights (if you can incorporate it) will do you a great benefit.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    My butt curve is disappearing and I think its from running. On the treadmill. my hips are still wide, but i miss my fat *kitten*.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I've been "lifting heavy" for 1.5 years. Still "curvy"

20127619_2111.jpg

20127619_9630.jpg

Keep your body fat above 23ish% and you'll be fine.